Windows 10: Windows Defender Off?

Discus and support Windows Defender Off? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it normal for windows defender to be acting like this? "No active antivirus provider. Your device is vulnerable". I have Malwarebytes on but trial... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Heart John Alenton, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Off?

Is it normal for windows defender to be acting like this? "No active antivirus provider. Your device is vulnerable". I have Malwarebytes on but trial expired

This all happened after the latest Windows Update.

Windows Defender Off? 44705b78-5e07-4b80-98c9-ee3da5b6b127?upload=true.jpg

:)

Heart John Alenton, Nov 13, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 13, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Off?

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Off?

1. Windows Defender Off? - Similar Threads - Defender Off

2. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  3. I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off defender to install some software and then deffender no longer turns on: I even removed the software that i turned Defender off, still no good It shows That I have another anti-virus but I have no other anti-virus installed than Defender I am also attaching an image...
  4. Windows Defender off but still deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off but still deleting files: Hello. I have force-disabled Windows Defender by turning off real-time protection in the registry editor and disabling tamper protection so that it will not turn itself back on. All settings are greyed out and off, and yet Windows Defender still automatically deletes my files...
  5. Windows Defender off but still deleting files

Windows Defender off but still deleting files: Hello. I have force-disabled Windows Defender by turning off real-time protection in the registry editor and disabling tamper protection so that it will not turn itself back on. All settings are greyed out and off, and yet Windows Defender still automatically deletes my files...
  6. Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?

Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?: Hi all! I'm a Windows 11 Home Single Language user. To begin with, I formatted my laptop 2 days ago and installed a third-party antivirus, Malwarebytes. Yesterday, I woke my laptop from its sleep mode and noticed that the Windows Defender notification icon at the bottom right...
  7. Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Unwanted Potentially App BlockingPUA in Windows Defender settings is turned off by default?: Hi all! I'm a Windows 11 Home Single Language user. To begin with, I formatted my laptop 2 days ago and installed a third-party antivirus, Malwarebytes. Yesterday, I woke my laptop from its sleep mode and noticed that the Windows Defender notification icon at the bottom right...
  8. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  9. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off: Windows 10 - At login I always have to load Total Av as Windows security states Defender and Total AV .are turned off. Evan after loading Total Av again and I receive Total Av cover Windows Security stares they are BOTH off.Regards DG...
  10. Windows 10 -- Defender and Total Av always turned off