Windows 10: Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

Discus and support Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The following weird thing happened: I requested a Windows Defender Offline Scan. After reboot, it took a pretty long time (like several minutes) to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shighhopes, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

The following weird thing happened:

I requested a Windows Defender Offline Scan. After reboot, it took a pretty long time (like several minutes) to boot up, but eventually it started scanning. But then, roughly around 93%, the scanning window suddenly disappeared and in a few seconds the computer rebooted.

Can someone tell me what might have happened? Is this a sign of some kind of rootkit infection?

:)

shighhopes, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

Windows defender crash during scan

Windows defender keeps crashing every time I do a scan it will get about 60,000+ and then crash Malewarebytes doesn't find anything,(I even uninstalled malewarebytes still crash) everything is up to date, I have no Java. I don't go to any possible bad websites. this started after I was cleaning out some old stuff in my temps folder, but I only got rid of folder that said they where empty.

anyone know what this could be? *Bang Head :banghead:

If I wait about 1 min. after the crash it goes back to normal

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan? Capture1156.jpg

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan? Capture1155599.jpg

Delta6326, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

1. Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan? - Similar Threads - Defender Offline crashing

2. Defender crashes during full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender crashes during full scan: I've ran into this problem just recently. whenever i try to run a full scan, the defender crashes after an hour or so. quick scan and custom scan are working fine. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow and everything is fine, no bad sectors or errors found.device info: RAM 16GB ,...
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

9. Block during Windows Defender offline Scan

Block during Windows Defender offline Scan: I ran a Windows Defenders offline scan. I received this error message for a block during the scan. What if anything should I do about this? Thank you for your time. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  10. Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan: I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a full scan, I wanted to try an offline scan, but every time (6 or 7 times now) it gets maybe halfway through the offline scan...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network disconnects during defender scans

2. windows defender crashing

3. windows defender crashes

4. windows defender crashes on scan,
  5. Im attempting to run a full scan un Windows Defender. I started scan but everything still shows 0:00