Windows 10: Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again)

Discus and support Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I used to use the file .iso of Windows Defender Offline (WDO) created by "mssstool32.exe" and "mssstool64.exe" during years without problems. The last... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Velaa98, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Velaa98 Win User

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again)

I used to use the file .iso of Windows Defender Offline (WDO) created by "mssstool32.exe" and "mssstool64.exe" during years without problems. The last week, I updated the .iso file as usual, but when itried to use it, it doesn´t work because "definitions out of date" and It doesnt allow me to scan the device.

I tried to create a new .iso file (not update definitions), but it doesn't work., i tried to update it directly from the iso too and without success. I tried to scan Windows 7, windows 10, windows server 2003, 2008 and all with same faulty result.

I unzip the .iso file and i checked that the definitions are updated because the file "mpam-feX64.exe" has the same version that the latest version of definitions of Microsoft.

I found a similar problem that was treated here in 2016, I read all the content of the post and i think is ocurring the same. In 2016 the solution from Microsoft was the release of a new WDO version.

Does anyone have the same issue? Or have any solution for this? I don't like the alternatives to WDO.

Is Microsoft aware of this problem is here again and will solve it?

Some screenshots of the Error:

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again) 2b14bb52-ce4c-4421-8488-a7a543b66bfb?upload=true.png

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again) fc9aaaf6-92ba-4c2c-8431-5b260ceaf4b2?upload=true.png

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again) 8430a044-ef54-4c5e-930d-1b59bc5cc9bd?upload=true.png

Thanks you very much and regards.

:)

Velaa98, Nov 11, 2019

2. Problem with Updating Windows Defender Offline

Hear, Hear, MICROSOFT fix Offline Windows Defender!

Update Offline Windows Defender!

We are tired of THIS and Want It Back to Defend US!!!!!!!

Gerard J.McCormack, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Whick Win User
    Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again)

Problem with Updating Windows Defender Offline

I know and already did!

Took MICROSOFT long enough to fix it !

Over 4 weeks!

Suggest they more often read these notices!

Gerard J.McCormack, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again)

1. Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again) - Similar Threads - Defender Offline definitions

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Definitions update is not work on "Windows Defender Offline"

Definitions update is not work on "Windows Defender Offline": The "Windows Defender Offline"WDO definitions update is not work on my company's PC. Operating System: Windows 7 SP1 Hardware: Physical internet connection: None Situation: All of USB port has broken, and has the CD/DVD optical drive only. Reference: Help protect my PC with...
  6. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan: Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'C:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing...
  7. Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not...

Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not...: Hi, Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not getting done. With a high internet speed also, its not getting done after so many hours... Pls support. Thanks, Rajesh Gopinath [ATTACH]...
  8. Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...: I don't know what happened, but for some reason my Defender is no longer updating the daily definitions. It warns me every day that it is out of date. Of course I could manually update, but I shouldn't have to do that. The thing is there is no master reset or something to get...
  9. Malwarebytes uninstall, Now Windows Defender Protection definitions are out of date

Malwarebytes uninstall, Now Windows Defender Protection definitions are out of date: Wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the specific fix for this issue. [ATTACH] After running Update: [ATTACH] But the warning stays. I have gone through numerous other posts and tried Removal Tools, Registry Edits , although I was confused with...
  10. windows defender definitions out of date

windows defender definitions out of date: but I did a manual update just now and did not get any error message and windows update says it is up to date nevertheless, WD reports it is out of date. but it shows green bar at top. and after a restart, when I go to WD settings it says that cloud and sample...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender offline out of date