Windows 10: Windows defender offline doesn't work.

Discus and support Windows defender offline doesn't work. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I routinely scan using Malwarebytes and the full windows defender scan. Today I did so and didn't find anything. I tried the offline scan and I saw the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Worried_Thylacine, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows defender offline doesn't work.

I routinely scan using Malwarebytes and the full windows defender scan. Today I did so and didn't find anything. I tried the offline scan and I saw the windows defender startup screen but the scan didn't start, it went straight to the OS.

I disabled malwarebytes and tried again. Windows defender offline started fine and I could see the scan progressing. I turned away at 60% or so and when I returned a few minutes later the computer was on the login screen.

I couldn't see any results anywhere so I tried again - and I didn't couldn't get the offline defender to run again. It just shows the loading screen before going to boot the OS.

I tried doing an in-upgrade repair thinking malwarebyes borked something but, again, offline defender starts to load but never goes to the status screen.

I am about to do a full-reinstall but - am I worried over nothing?

If the full windows defender scan and a full malwarebytes scan doesn't show anything do I need to fix the offline defender?

submitted by /u/Worried_Thylacine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Worried_Thylacine, Feb 28, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows defender offline doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Whick Win User
    Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Feb 28, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows defender offline doesn't work.

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows defender offline doesn't work. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows defender offline doesn't work.

1. Windows defender offline doesn't work. - Similar Threads - defender offline doesn't

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Security/Defender Offline not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security/Defender Offline not working: Hello respected sir/ma'am:I have been experiencing issues with Windows Security or Windows Defender not turning on to scan the system and other files. I can use the Virus and Threat protection's File Scan option where it scans all the files potentially for any viruses or...
  6. microsoft defender offline doesn't working properly

microsoft defender offline doesn't working properly: how to enable microsoft defender offline scan on win 11 pro?? coz' after i upgrading my windows version to win 11 pro, from win 11 home single language... i can't use or scan as usually microsft defender offline scan feature. thanks...
  7. Windows Defender Offline Scan is not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan is not working: Can you solve this problem as I cannot perform a "Windows Defender Offline Scan" in my Windows 10 pc. When I click on "Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and threat protection > Scan Options > Microsoft Defender Offline Scan > Then I click on Yes but...
  8. Windows defender offline not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender offline not working: Hello. I’ve been having trouble with the offline scan feature for a few days now, and it is the following:You know Windows Defender’s offline scan usually lasts about 15 minutes for it to go through all the files and check for malware, right? Well I tried doing one just last...
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: My Windows Defender Offline Scan isn't working. I selected scan now from windows defender and the pc restarted but the scan wasn't done. I looked it up in the Event log and it gave me the following message :- Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an...
  10. Windows Defender offline search is not working.

Windows Defender offline search is not working.: Windows Defender offline search is not working for me once clicked search now, nothing happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-search-is-not-working/44d47a26-cf8d-4ac6-a27b-ca09febf7634