Windows 10: Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91%

Discus and support Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91% in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ran Windows Defender offline this morning for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure machine is clean. Full system scan and Malwarebytes found no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OldGuyFromCdn, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91%

Ran Windows Defender offline this morning for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure machine is clean. Full system scan and Malwarebytes found no threats. It got to 91% then closed and restarted. Any idea why it stopped ?

Last couple of lines in the log read:

2021-02-07T19:44:28.880Z Service stop requested (ServiceError: 0x0). Calling CleanupMpService ...
    2021-02-07T19:44:28.880Z On demand scan closed without completion. Current scan state: 1. ScanSource: 7, Scan flags:0x10050004. NumberOfResources:16. bRemoveFromList:1
    2021-02-07T19:44:28.989Z Unloaded module#0 MpComServer.
    Microsoft Antimalware (F7F4CD20-7371-4319-B1DB-6FCFC68573EC) Log
    Stopped On 02-07-2021 11:44:28 (Exit Code = 0x0)

Thanks in advance for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

I found the answer. mssWrapper log reads:

INFO2021/02/07 11:44:28:864 TID:1364 PID:1332
    Scan completed successfully, attempting to clean any active malware. Number of threats from scan: 0

All good. Marked solved.

:)

OldGuyFromCdn, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Feb 7, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91%

Windows 10-Microsoft Defender Offline scan stop at 91%, PC reboot then

As in the title. I run the scan, it scans circa 55000 files, stops at 91%, the black window dissappear, there's only blue background, and the PC reboots. I have all windows updates, i ran sfc /scannow i ran DISM scanhealth command and everything is fine. I've ran chkdsk and it's also fine.

JonnyJalapeno, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91%

1. Windows Defender Offline scan stops at 91% - Similar Threads - Defender Offline scan

2. Why does my windows defender offline scans stop at 91%, and is it any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my windows defender offline scans stop at 91%, and is it any way to fix it?: I had do an offline scan few minutes ago. While I waiting for 100%, the scan stops at 91% and at over 59,000 files scanned. Please let me know if its normal or not? If not, please tell me how to fix it.Device: HP Victus 15 fa0011tx...
  3. Why does my windows defender offline scans stop at 91%, and is it any way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my windows defender offline scans stop at 91%, and is it any way to fix it?: I had do an offline scan few minutes ago. While I waiting for 100%, the scan stops at 91% and at over 59,000 files scanned. Please let me know if its normal or not? If not, please tell me how to fix it.Device: HP Victus 15 fa0011tx...
  4. Defender offline scan stops at 91%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender offline scan stops at 91%: I'm a windows 11 user. When I run the Windows defender offline scan to confirm the security of my computer, it scans a long time on 91% and then it finishes. I cannot see the results of the scan in the windows security app. Why is it? Is it a malware? If so, where can I find...
  5. Defender offline scan stops at 91%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender offline scan stops at 91%: I'm a windows 11 user. When I run the Windows defender offline scan to confirm the security of my computer, it scans a long time on 91% and then it finishes. I cannot see the results of the scan in the windows security app. Why is it? Is it a malware? If so, where can I find...
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. System restarts at 91% of Microsoft Defender Offline Scans!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System restarts at 91% of Microsoft Defender Offline Scans!: It's been more than a week since my laptop restarts at 91% of Microsoft Defender Offline Scans. There are no notification of scan completion and the virus and threat protection section shows the last scan was a full scan (a week ago). What should I do? Thank you in advance....
  8. Windows Defender Offline stops at 91%-Solved

Windows Defender Offline stops at 91%-Solved: Ran Windows Defender offline this morning for no particular reason. I'm pretty sure machine is clean. Full system scan and Malwarebytes found no threats. It got to 91% then closed and restarted. Any idea why it stopped ? Last couple of lines in the log read:...
  9. Windows 10-Microsoft Defender Offline scan stop at 91%, PC reboot then

Windows 10-Microsoft Defender Offline scan stop at 91%, PC reboot then: As in the title. I run the scan, it scans circa 55000 files, stops at 91%, the black window dissappear, there's only blue background, and the PC reboots. I have all windows updates, i ran sfc /scannow i ran DISM scanhealth command and everything is fine. I've ran chkdsk and...
  10. Windows Defender offline scan always stops at 91%- why?

Windows Defender offline scan always stops at 91%- why?: Every time I do a Windows Defender offline scan, it always stops at 91% completed. When I looked at the MPDetection logs, it says "Service Stopped with exit code 0x0". What does this mean? The event ID codes for today look benign- 2000, 2000, 5007, 1013, 5007, 2030, 5007,...