Windows 10: Windows defender offline scan will not run

Discus and support Windows defender offline scan will not run in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/claydog_, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Windows defender offline scan will not run

When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having a trojan recently, I could do with this feature.

Any help appreciated.

submitted by /u/claydog_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/claydog_, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Dec 16, 2020
  4. VivianWH Win User

Windows defender offline scan will not run

Run windows defender offline with a Full Scan

Hello,

How to run a full scan with windows defender offline? By default, windows defender offline runs a quick scan. How can I override this? I'm trying to remove trojan downloader:win32/ by using windows
    defender, but it didn't work.

VivianWH, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender offline scan will not run

1. Windows defender offline scan will not run - Similar Threads - defender offline scan

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

8. Windows Defender wont run offline scan

Windows Defender wont run offline scan: My Windows Defender won't run an offline scan. I had no problems originally, but it hasn't worked for the past two months. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-run-offline-scan/0c5be83a-df68-49e0-83e4-3e20804a283c
  9. How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?

How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with windows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature. Thanks for any help. [Original Title:...
  10. Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Windows Defender offline scan won't run: I try to run WDO from the GUI, I get the UAC message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device", and when I click Yes, it goes back to the Windows Defender GUI without running the scan. 142622

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender offline scan black screen