Windows 10: Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

Discus and support Windows Defender Offline scan won't work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get Windows Defender to run an offline scan. It restarts the computer and I see the blue screen that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by transtruth, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get Windows Defender to run an offline scan. It restarts the computer and I see the blue screen that says Windows Defender but it never runs the scan and the computer starts up after that. When I checked the Event Viewer it said nothing about Defender finishing the scan and just a lot of events that say that Windows Defender configuration was changed and if this was unexpected that it might be malware. Because of this I reset the laptop and that didn't fix the issue. I ran sfc /scannow plus dism and that didn't fix the issue. I then started running every scan I could using programs like Malwarebytes, rkill, Microsoft malicious software remover toolI think that's what it's called and a usb bootable scanner from Kaspersky. None of them found anything that was bad. I read online that if I did a Windows 10 repair upgrade then this fixes the problem most of the time, so that's what I did. After all of this I still can't get Windows Defender offline scan to work. Does anyone know what the issue is?

:)

transtruth, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

Windows 10 - Defender Offline Scan not working

FlorianKoczan, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

1. Windows Defender Offline scan won't work - Similar Threads - Defender Offline scan

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  3. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: So when I go to do the offline scan that usually takes 15 minutes, it doesn't scan it takes me to select my keyboard and language. I've already looked for corrupted files. What should I do?...
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows defender offline scan won't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan won't work.: When the offline scan is set my laptop starts to reboot, the Samsung logo appears., but the n a CMD screen flashes up momentarily and then the screen goes blue for some seconds. After this the laptop reboots as normal but no scan has been performed? What's wrong? I have...
  6. Windows defender offline scan won't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan won't work.: When the offline scan is set my laptop starts to reboot, the Samsung logo appears., but the n a CMD screen flashes up momentarily and then the screen goes blue for some seconds. After this the laptop reboots as normal but no scan has been performed? What's wrong? I have...
  7. Windows Defender Offline Scan is not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan is not working: Can you solve this problem as I cannot perform a "Windows Defender Offline Scan" in my Windows 10 pc. When I click on "Settings > Update and Security > Windows Security > Virus and threat protection > Scan Options > Microsoft Defender Offline Scan > Then I click on Yes but...
  8. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan not working

Windows Defender Offline Scan not working: My Windows Defender Offline Scan isn't working. I selected scan now from windows defender and the pc restarted but the scan wasn't done. I looked it up in the Event log and it gave me the following message :- Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an...
  10. Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Windows Defender offline scan won't run: I try to run WDO from the GUI, I get the UAC message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device", and when I click Yes, it goes back to the Windows Defender GUI without running the scan. 142622