Windows 10: Windows defender offline scan

Discus and support Windows defender offline scan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; for the past few months I have been experiencing a major p4roblem with win-10 defender offline scan. On each occasion when I attempt to routine a scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ronchuanke, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Windows defender offline scan

for the past few months I have been experiencing a major p4roblem with win-10 defender offline scan. On each occasion when I attempt to routine a scan the system go through its normal routine then after my system restart, to complete the scan ,it just completely shut down the system without doing the scan. I have reported this problem to Microsoft several times requesting help but to no avail. are there anyone in the community that can help me rectify the problem.

:)

ronchuanke, Oct 9, 2018
  2. Steve C Win User

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Jorge Tan Win User
    offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Cliff S Win User

Windows defender offline scan

Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10

Also MpSwpHelp:

Cliff S, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender offline scan

1. Windows defender offline scan - Similar Threads - defender offline scan

2. Offline Defender scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Offline Defender scan: Running Windows 10 and I am trying to do an Offline Defender scan, PC restarts and I then get a blue screen asking me to choose my keyboard layout, but I cant select anything or move away from screen. What's happening?...
  3. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

9. Defender offline scan

Defender offline scan: Hi Where can I find the scan results report following a Defender Offline Scan ? Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-offline-scan/cdc1325b-cfd4-44d5-a7fe-3956d0715fb4
  10. Defender Offline scan

Defender Offline scan: Morning My system seemed very slow to boot this morning - blank screen no connection cable displayed. After it booted I ran a full system scan with no problems. I then ran the Defender offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run. The scan appeared to take about 5-6 minutes....