Windows 10: Windows Defender Offline won't run

Discus and support Windows Defender Offline won't run in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have a PC that I suspect may have picked up some Malware. When I select to run Defender Offline the PC reboots, the progress bar for Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IanAim, Nov 6, 2019.

1. IanAim Win User

Windows Defender Offline won't run

Hi

I have a PC that I suspect may have picked up some Malware.

When I select to run Defender Offline the PC reboots, the progress bar for Windows Defender Online appears for a few seconds and then the PC proceeds to reboot to Windows 10. I believe therefore that the Defender run is being interrupted or failing to start properly.

[TrendMicro internet does not pick up any issues during a full scan but as one of our payment accounts has been hacked I want to make sure there is nothing hidden. Hence my desire to run the Defender Offline scan]

Any advice gratefully received

Ian

:)

IanAim, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Whick Win User

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Solved: Printer Offline and HP Support for Windows 10 won't come up - HP Support Community - 5323205

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Offline won't run - Similar Threads - Defender Offline won't

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  3. Windows Defender wont run offline scan

Windows Defender wont run offline scan: My Windows Defender won't run an offline scan. I had no problems originally, but it hasn't worked for the past two months. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-run-offline-scan/0c5be83a-df68-49e0-83e4-3e20804a283c
  4. Windows Defender Offline scan won't work

Windows Defender Offline scan won't work: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to get Windows Defender to run an offline scan. It restarts the computer and I see the blue screen that says Windows Defender but it never runs the scan and the computer starts up after that. When I checked the Event Viewer it said...
  5. Can't run Windows Defender Offline

Can't run Windows Defender Offline: When I attempt to run Windows Defender offline, first I get the following window: "Save your work - Windows defender offline scan will take some time ----etc." I select SCAN and get the following window: "Do you want to let the app to make changes --- etc." I can wait at...
  6. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  7. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  8. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  9. How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?

How to Run Scan with Windows Defender Offline?: Hi all. Is there anyone that can inform me on how to do a offline scan with windows10 defender. Before the update feature there was a do offline scan feature. Thanks for any help. [Original Title:...
  10. Windows Defender offline scan won't run

Windows Defender offline scan won't run: I try to run WDO from the GUI, I get the UAC message "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device", and when I click Yes, it goes back to the Windows Defender GUI without running the scan. 142622