Windows 10: Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

Discus and support Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ll apologize in advance for my lack of terminology because I haven’t had a laptop in quite some time. I just bought a Lenovo ideapad S145... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrtwotap, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

Hi all, I’ll apologize in advance for my lack of terminology because I haven’t had a laptop in quite some time. I just bought a Lenovo ideapad S145 laptop today. It says the operating system is windows 10 home in S mode. I was wondering what the difference is between windows 10 and windows 10 in “S mode”? And does the S mode come with windows defender to protect against viruses and such? Also, should I download any other anti virus programs even if it does have windows defender? TIA

submitted by /u/mrtwotap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrtwotap, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

1. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode - Similar Threads - Defender mode

2. Windows Defender is stuck in business mode due to virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is stuck in business mode due to virus: Hi, my device is a Dell Inspiron 3650. I have a major problem with Windows defender. I don't know when this happened, but I believe a virus hacked Windows Defender, and now it is stuck in business mode and I can't get it out of that state without my "administrator's"...
  3. Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?

Can I get back the "Scan" option in Windows Defender if I switch out of S mode?: I just bought a computer running Win 10 S mode, but its version of Windows Defender does not have the "Scan" option. So I cannot do a manual quick/full scan of the machine. If I switch out of the S mode to a regular Windows 10, will I get back the "Scan" option so that I...
  4. Safe Mode and Defender

Safe Mode and Defender: Just wondering if Microsoft plans to give Defender the ability to scan in safe mode. Why have they not done this yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/safe-mode-and-defender/2e53e988-ef7a-4369-b363-0cd235858c6e
  5. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...: I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party...
  6. Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...

Why Windows Defender in Windows 10 in S mode does not provide an option to do a quick/full...: I just bought a new laptop running Windows 10 in S mode. Unlike a regular version of Windows 10, Windows Defender in Win 10 S mode does not let users to do a quick/full system scan, and a custom scan on a specific folder/file. My work requires me to access to third party...
  7. Windows defender offline scan does not work in safe mode

Windows defender offline scan does not work in safe mode: Recently began having reccuring freezing issues with my pc so tried to boot in safe mode to rule out any software issues and run offline windows defender scan in case of malware. clicking ‘scan now’ once offline scan is selected opens a prompt saying ‘save your work... will...
  8. Windows Defender Now Offers Ultra Secure Sandbox Mode, Here’s How To Turn It On

Windows Defender Now Offers Ultra Secure Sandbox Mode, Here’s How To Turn It On: Click Here To Visit The Page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-now-offers-ultra-secure-sandbox/b2ac59a9-cf8a-4096-a14e-a02768532719
  9. Unable to remove exclusions files and location (Either in Safe mode run Windows Defender or...

Unable to remove exclusions files and location (Either in Safe mode run Windows Defender or...: [ATTACH] I try to follow PowerShell install module also cannot. [ATTACH] * The virus already removed. I try to using Bit Defender, herd Protect Scanner & Reason Core Security before [ATTACH] I cannot find any value in Registry Editor [ATTACH]...
  10. Defender in Passive Mode?

Defender in Passive Mode?: I installed Avast (free version) on my new pc because I have had good success with Avast on my Mac for years. I have repeatedly read that if third-party AV software is installed, Defender will automatically be disabled. This does not appear to be the case because in the...