Windows 10: Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

Discus and support Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I’ll apologize in advance for my lack of terminology because I haven’t had a laptop in quite some time. I just bought a Lenovo ideapad S145... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrtwotap, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

Hi all, I’ll apologize in advance for my lack of terminology because I haven’t had a laptop in quite some time. I just bought a Lenovo ideapad S145 laptop today. It says the operating system is windows 10 home in S mode. I was wondering what the difference is between windows 10 and windows 10 in “S mode”? And does the S mode come with windows defender to protect against viruses and such? Also, should I download any other anti virus programs even if it does have windows defender? TIA

submitted by /u/mrtwotap
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrtwotap, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

"Attestation" A new feature coming to Windows Defender in Windows 10

Tech Republic - Upcoming Windows Defender feature will tell you when security fails
    This seems very promising. Microsoft is in the unique position to know what Windows should look like, even before Windows Update pushes out new changes. As long as MS can properly sync WD with WU changes AND this new features does not make any "noticeable" hit on system performance/resources, all without any false positives, this should be a big step forward for consumer security, and a blow to the bad guys - always a good thing.

Of course, there will likely be some hiccups the Windows/Microsoft/Windows Defender bashers will surely pounce on - regardless how extensive the Beta process is. But hopefully open and unbiased minds will prevail. After all, the goal is to stop the bad guys and if this gets us closer to that, that's a very good thing.

For more detailed information, see Introducing Windows Defender System Guard runtime attestation)

Bill_Bright, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode

1. Windows Defender on windows 10 in S mode - Similar Threads - Defender mode

2. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  3. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  4. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-see-the-result-of-the-scanning-with/5191d3a6-cc09-46a8-8915-3d7944443f55
  6. Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-do-you-see-the-result-of-the-scanning-with/5191d3a6-cc09-46a8-8915-3d7944443f55
  7. Where do you see the result of the scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why does defender have this annoying dual tone in dark mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does defender have this annoying dual tone in dark mode?: I have Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 running windows 11 with all latest updates. Everything is fine but this annoys me greatly. Yeah i may have OCD.... Any solutions? It doesnt happen in light mode but I prefer Dark mode so very very annoyed....
  9. Why does defender have this annoying dual tone in dark mode?

Why does defender have this annoying dual tone in dark mode?: I have Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 running windows 11 with all latest updates. Everything is fine but this annoys me greatly. Yeah i may have OCD.... Any solutions? It doesnt happen in light mode but I prefer Dark mode so very very annoyed....
  10. How to run Defender in safe mode - W11

How to run Defender in safe mode - W11: I have a trojan on my computer that Defender finds but cannot remove. I tried to run Defender in safe mode, but it is in the so-called gray mode and therefore does not start. Is this somehow possible or some other way to remove the trojan....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window defender look alike on window 10

2. cant scan in windows defender s mode

3. windows 10 s mode quick scan dots keep going

4. quick scan windows 10 taking forever,
  5. windows 10 s home stuck on quick scan,
  6. how windows defender will look like after the recent windows update on 2020,
  7. windows 10 smode quick scan stuck,
  8. fin select windows defender offline scanin windows 10 s mode,
  9. windows 10 s mode windows defender,
  10. quick scan windows defender will not complete windows 10 s mode