Windows 10: Windows Defender only scanning 15 files

Discus and support Windows Defender only scanning 15 files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just today, Defender started scanning 15 files only (quick or full) Quick scan normally scans 38,000+Full 1.11M+ everything was OK yesterday, support... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by peterg136, Sep 18, 2019.

1. peterg136 Win User

Windows Defender only scanning 15 files

Just today, Defender started scanning 15 files only (quick or full) Quick scan normally scans 38,000+Full 1.11M+

everything was OK yesterday, support will call on 20/09/2019

Running Windows 10 (1809) on i7 laptop

Has anyone come across this before?

:)

peterg136, Sep 18, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 18, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Sep 18, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram.
    This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates.

When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?

When I tried to manually scan a downloaded program using the following method, it doesn't show results of the scan:
    • Rt click the file name.
    • In the pop up menu, click "Scan with Windows Defender"
    • A window pops up showing "Full Scan", "Custom Scan" and "Windows defender offline scan", but no results of the individual file scan.
    Thanks for any ideas.

Thema:

1. Windows Defender only scanning 15 files - Similar Threads - Defender scanning files

2. Windows Defender scanning 700000 and more files but in the end only 400000 resulting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender scanning 700000 and more files but in the end only 400000 resulting: Hi there, is this normal? I'm afraid something is blocking Windows Defender...offline scan stops at 91%Is normal to have a hidden volume in the hard disk? Could a virus be hidden in there and stopping the antivirus scan and updates?How to resolve this?...
  3. Windows Defender scanning 700000 and more files but in the end only 400000 resulting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender scanning 700000 and more files but in the end only 400000 resulting: Hi there, is this normal? I'm afraid something is blocking Windows Defender...offline scan stops at 91%Is normal to have a hidden volume in the hard disk? Could a virus be hidden in there and stopping the antivirus scan and updates?How to resolve this?...
  4. Windows defender only scanning few files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender only scanning few files: My windows defender is only scanning 17 files. I tried full scan, custom scan, quick scan and I tried 3 of these again after doing offline scan. I tried restarting the laptop but it doesn't have an effect on defender. My all systems and antivirus is updated. I don't have any...
  5. Windows defender only scanning few files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender only scanning few files: My windows defender is only scanning 17 files. I tried full scan, custom scan, quick scan and I tried 3 of these again after doing offline scan. I tried restarting the laptop but it doesn't have an effect on defender. My all systems and antivirus is updated. I don't have any...
  6. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  7. Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender

Scanning Jar file with Windows Defender: Can windows defender scan Jar files and tell me if they have malicious intents. I downloaded some safe jar files as mods for some of my game , but now I do wonder if there could be some kind of hidden virus windows defender cannot handle. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  8. Windows 10 Defender - Quick/Full Scans Last Only 15 Seconds??

Windows 10 Defender - Quick/Full Scans Last Only 15 Seconds??: Hi, Got a weird issue with Windows 10 Defender Antivirus: Windows 10 Defender scans for less than 15 seconds and then finishes? Does not matter if quick scan or full scan...total of about 15 files scanned for each... Any ideas? Thanks! Jesse 140760
  9. Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?

Why is my Windows Defender only scanning four files?: Starting this afternoon, inexplicably, whether I use "quick scan" or "full scan", Windows Defender will only scan 4 files, and the scanning process only lasts for a few seconds. May I ask how is this going? How to solve?...
  10. Scan Single File with Windows Defender

Scan Single File with Windows Defender: Windows support information states that to scan a single file or folder to <rightclick> the item in file explorer and select "scan" In win8.1 there is no "scan" option when a file or folder is <rightclicked> Any options to scan individual items? Thanks in advance,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender only scanning a few files

2. windows defender only loos to do half a scan

3. windows defender only scans a few files

4. windows defender only few files,
  5. windows defender only scanning 8 files,
  6. win 10 security only scanning 8 files ,
  7. defender only scanning few files,
  8. windows defender only scanning 61 files,
  9. win defender quick scan only scans a few files in a few seconds on 1903,
  10. windows defender only scans 20 files,
  11. windows defender antivirus only scanning a few files,