Windows 10: Windows defender open problem

Discus and support Windows defender open problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Mr:- I will open the windows defender program in the control panel but it is not working, I try several times and I restart my laptop. but have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dpa sandunperera, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows defender open problem

Dear Mr:-

I will open the windows defender program in the control panel but it is not working, I try several times and I restart my laptop. but have no different still have this error please help me this problem

Windows defender open problem 8e9243cd-b885-466c-8b22-658f1c302658?upload=true.png

:)

dpa sandunperera, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 24, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows defender open problem

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender open problem

1. Windows defender open problem - Similar Threads - defender open problem

2. Problem in Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in Windows Defender: I have Windows 10 Home, and the version is 1903 OS build 18362.720. Whenever I perform a manual scan either quick or full, I receive the following notification: Windows Defender Antivirus scan skipped an item due to an exclusion or network scanning settings. I am...
  3. Windows Defender problem

Windows Defender problem: This message shows up at the end of every scan along with the normal message. "Windows Defender Antivirus scan skipped an item due to exclusion or network scanning settings" My MO is to do a Defender then Malwearbytes then CCleaner scan at every shut down, as of last...
  4. window defender problem.

window defender problem.: [ATTACH]this is wholw screenshot of the problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-problem/c6b898d0-7341-4537-b867-9d84dac6f7d0
  5. Windows Defender Will Not Open

Windows Defender Will Not Open: I am using Windows 10. Today, I downloaded a picture from a Google search. My computer froze immediately afterwards. I tried to open Windows Defender to run a security check. Nothing happened. I tried several different ways to open it and all resulted in nothing happening so...
  6. Problem with windows defender

Problem with windows defender: when I try to turn on the windows defender it,s promt on issue like " this operation returned because the time out period expired" may I know how to resolve this issue....thnx...
  7. Windows Defender Problem

Windows Defender Problem: My windows defender is scanning threats in my system, but when trying to remove the trojans, defender is showing an error message that it is not being able to remove the virus files.....solution anyone?...
  8. Windows Defender problem

Windows Defender problem: Windows defender virus & threats protection update fail. This windows defender was download together with Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803. The download success on the 1st retry. 113563
  9. Windows Defender Problem

Windows Defender Problem: I keep getting notifications from Windows Defender Security Center - Virus and Threat Protection asking me to review files that Windows Defender will send to Microsoft. Here's what I see when I click on Review. How do I stop this, it's coming up every few seconds now....
  10. Windows Defender will not open

Windows Defender will not open: After doing the second upgrade for Windows 10 on one of my machines, when clicking on Windows 10, it says it cannot open. Everything else is working fine. How to fix this? there is no other antivirus program on this computer and it worked fine prior to the original upgrade to...