Windows 10: Windows defender open problem

Discus and support Windows defender open problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Mr:- I will open the windows defender program in the control panel but it is not working, I try several times and I restart my laptop. but have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dpa sandunperera, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Windows defender open problem

Dear Mr:-

I will open the windows defender program in the control panel but it is not working, I try several times and I restart my laptop. but have no different still have this error please help me this problem

Windows defender open problem 8e9243cd-b885-466c-8b22-658f1c302658?upload=true.png

:)

dpa sandunperera, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 24, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows defender open problem

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender open problem

1. Windows defender open problem - Similar Threads - defender open problem

2. Windows Defender Not Opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Not Opening: Hey,I am a fellow user. My System was very overhrating since 2 days. So i felt suspicious and checked task manager but there was nothing then tried to windows defender it started but crashed on the stating bluesreen with the logo on it. Then i restarted and pc.. The as soon...
  3. Windows Defender not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender not opening: Hi,I am having windows defender in the apps list, but still does not open...whenever is click it, it gives me the following message:-How can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-opening/8690741c-3c67-498b-a594-3ebc10c1289e
  4. Windows Defender not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender not opening: Hi,I am having windows defender in the apps list, but still does not open...whenever is click it, it gives me the following message:-How can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-opening/8690741c-3c67-498b-a594-3ebc10c1289e
  5. Windows Defender will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender will not open: Hello Windows Defender does not open after updating Windows, and by clicking on the icon it shows an error you need a new program to open this Windows Defender link...
  6. Windows Defender will not open

Windows Defender will not open: Hello Windows Defender does not open after updating Windows, and by clicking on the icon it shows an error you need a new program to open this Windows Defender link...
  7. Windows defender not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not opening: Hello there, A couple of weeks ago, I have upgraded to Windows 11 as part of the insider program and I want to turn off VBS because it doesn't perform very well. When trying to disable VBS, I ran into a problem with Windows Security where it would open for a second with a...
  8. Windows defender not opening

Windows defender not opening: Hello there, A couple of weeks ago, I have upgraded to Windows 11 as part of the insider program and I want to turn off VBS because it doesn't perform very well. When trying to disable VBS, I ran into a problem with Windows Security where it would open for a second with a...
  9. Problems opening Defender

Problems opening Defender: Split from this thread. I tired this and it still did not open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problems-opening-defender/8116ec0b-cce3-4c59-8060-61f3fea0bd1f
  10. Windows Defender Will Not Open

Windows Defender Will Not Open: I am using Windows 10. Today, I downloaded a picture from a Google search. My computer froze immediately afterwards. I tried to open Windows Defender to run a security check. Nothing happened. I tried several different ways to open it and all resulted in nothing happening so...