Windows 10: Windows defender opens but is not starting ;(

Discus and support Windows defender opens but is not starting ;( in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My pc.s windows defender opens.But when I click the 'Start now' button it shows a messege that,"The service could not be started.The group or resource... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TanvirSarwar, May 28, 2019.

1. Windows defender opens but is not starting ;(

My pc.s windows defender opens.But when I click the 'Start now' button it shows a messege that,"The service could not be started.The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."What can be done now for this issue?

:)

TanvirSarwar, May 28, 2019
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Start Screen not opening.

Hello,

When you're experiencing issues opening Start Menu, this article can help in resolving
    the issue. Please follow all the suggested steps and report back to us if the issue would still persist. I also suggest that you run a scan using
    Windows Defender Offline to be sure that your device is secured.
    Go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender> Select Scan Offline. This would take around 15 minutes and restart your device.
    To see the scan results:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • On the History tab, select All detected items, then select View details. Any items detected by Windows Defender Offline
      will be listed as Offline in Detection source.

Update me if there are improvements.

Ian Ser, May 28, 2019
  3. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 28, 2019
  4. Windows defender opens but is not starting ;(

Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender opens but is not starting ;(

1. Windows defender opens but is not starting ;( - Similar Threads - defender opens starting

2. Windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  3. Windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender not starting: the windows defender services have been disabled. and i am not able to on it again . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-starting/d09057d3-617c-4015-b136-01e639b1f568
  4. Windows defender not starting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender not opening: Hi,I am having windows defender in the apps list, but still does not open...whenever is click it, it gives me the following message:-How can i solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-opening/8690741c-3c67-498b-a594-3ebc10c1289e
  6. Windows Defender will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender will not open: Hello Windows Defender does not open after updating Windows, and by clicking on the icon it shows an error you need a new program to open this Windows Defender link...
  7. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: windows defender is not staring. It says the services could not be started. The specific service does not exist as a installed service. Please help me. Give me a suggestion.....
  8. Windows defender not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not opening: Hello there, A couple of weeks ago, I have upgraded to Windows 11 as part of the insider program and I want to turn off VBS because it doesn't perform very well. When trying to disable VBS, I ran into a problem with Windows Security where it would open for a second with a...
  9. windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not starting: when I was trying to scan my flash disk I got stuck since the windows defender was no longer installed[ATTACH] when I tried to open windows defender by going start>Setting>updates &security [ATTACH] then I have clicked open windows security the I found this security at...
  10. Windows Defender Will Not Open

Windows Defender Will Not Open: I am using Windows 10. Today, I downloaded a picture from a Google search. My computer froze immediately afterwards. I tried to open Windows Defender to run a security check. Nothing happened. I tried several different ways to open it and all resulted in nothing happening so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender offline doesnt work