Windows 10: Windows Defender or Avast Free

Discus and support Windows Defender or Avast Free in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been using Avast for last 10 years, but about to give up on using it as does add a layer, and intrusive I noticed more so now than earlier years... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Jun 7, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Windows Defender or Avast Free

Run MBM say once a week and you should be good.

swarfega, Jun 10, 2017

2. I run defender and once a week I do a scan with the free malware bytes version but I don't have it running with any real time protection as I don't want any more performance impact. So far zero issues and its been a long time.

svtcontour, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender or Avast Free

1. Windows Defender or Avast Free - Similar Threads - Defender Avast Free

2. Avast/Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast/Windows Defender: Good afternoon and Happy New Year! I have gotten tired of Avast Antivirus and uninstalled it so I can go to Windows Defender. Guess Avast did not give me a clean uninstall through my Control Panel and left something on my laptop. Windows Security/Defender now show I have...
  3. Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which antivirus is better for Windows 10? Avast (free version) or Windows Defender?: I was wondering which antiviruses would be better for my PC between these two, because I've heard many controversial answers... So I'm asking you guys which one would be better: the free version of Avast Antivirus or Windows Defender (default) submitted by /u/Andrew_Mendes...
  4. Defender vs Avast

Defender vs Avast: New PC on the way. Is Win Defender capable enough so that I won't have to use a free AV like AVAST? 157873
  5. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  6. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  7. Cannot delete Free Avast AV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete Free Avast AV: Hi I was installing a program, missed unticking the Free Avast Antivirus software, now its partly installed itself, i cannot delete it. Its not in my programs and features file, it's in my start menu. If I go to file try to delete it is says I don't have Admin rights, I'm...
  8. How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus"

How drive "AVAST Free Antivirus": Hello All: Somehow a software named "Avast Free Antivirus" intruded into my w10. I go to Control Panel/Programms/Uninstall to Uninstall it BUT failed!! How can I drive it out of my pc? --- Zhao...
  9. Avast and SyncBack Free

Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...
  10. Avast vs Defender?

Avast vs Defender?: For a very long time (over 8 years) I have used Avast Anti-Virus as my main protection on the computer. Defender in Windows 7 was just not mature yet. I will admit that I know little about how good or bad Defender has become, but since I have been having real issues with my...