Windows 10: Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

Discus and support Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Which antivirus should I use??? Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows defender? Or both???... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SANDIP_PRATIHAR, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

Which antivirus should I use???

Kaspersky Internet Security or Windows defender? Or both???

:)

SANDIP_PRATIHAR, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says:
    Windows Defender
    Windows Defender Enabled
    Firewall
    Firewall Enabled
    Display Name Kaspersky Internet Security
    Antivirus
    Antivirus Disabled
    Display Name Windows Defender
    Virus Signature Database Up to date

On a Win7 PC, Speccy says"
    Windows Defender
    Windows Defender Enabled
    Firewall
    Firewall Enabled
    Antivirus
    Antivirus Enabled
    Virus Signature Database Up to date

Now, that "Windows Defender Enabled" on both PCs is a bit worrisome, but I assume (hope!) it's a Speccy bug. What about the Win10 antivirus status? Is that also the Speccy problem? Do I really have no antivirus support active on Win10, or is Speccy just looking in the wrong place? Kaspersky thinks all is well, but I don't know if it can really tell.

pokeefe0001, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Should I renew Kaspersky or go with Windows Defender?

As far as which is Secure ... I would have to say they are probably at least equal, as far as stopping any virus, malware ... so far.

`~`

FYI

In case you want to use the in-built Windows Defender you need to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security and also use the Kaspersky Internet Security removal tool from this list List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    to get rid of all possible remnants.

After a reboot, Windows Defender should be automatically enabled.

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

Defender turned off my Kaspersky

One day I got a notification "Security and Maintenance, both Windows defender and Kaspersky Internet Security is turned off" when I click it, it opens a small window,

Kaspersky Internet Security Off

Windows Defender Snooze

will only let me turn on defender, not Kaspersky...

please help, thanks

(windows 10)

NoahChisholm, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security?

1. Windows Defender Or Kaspersky Internet Security? - Similar Threads - Defender Kaspersky Internet

2. Kaspersky Internet Security restricted by Code Integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaspersky Internet Security restricted by Code Integrity: Hello,After I added a company account on my PC, everytime I log in, a KIS Kaspersky Internet Security popup appears saying that the program is running under limitations and mentions "Code Integrity".The popup still appears after I removed the account and even with the Device...
  3. Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender/Security and Kaspersky: If I uninstall Kasperksy will Windows Defender/Security automatically take over? I am asking because I want to install Malwarebytes, but there is a known issue with Kaspersky and Malwarebytes. Thanks....
  4. Kaspersky Internet Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky Internet Security: My laptop has been infected through flash drive. Any flash drive used on the laptop also gets infected with the following inscription"Secured by Kaspersky Internet Security 2017.bat" and "Readme.txt". Even after formatting, it reappears and swallows up any file transferred...
  5. Kaspersky Internet Security

Kaspersky Internet Security: Kaspersky Internet Security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaspersky-internet-security/fec409a7-ac7d-4edd-b0b5-a7438ceb1f0c"
  6. Defender/Kaspersky

Defender/Kaspersky: I have win 8.1 on my PC and have relied on Kaspersky for a number of years. It has served me well over the years except once when I encountered a software issue and turned off Kaspersky, enabled Windows Defender so I could scan for issues. Defender found the issue that...
  7. Windows 10 & Kaspersky Internet Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 & Kaspersky Internet Security: A bit of a strange issue which I'm also working on with Kaspersky. I'm running Windows 10 and have Kaspersky 2018. When I go to "Control Panel - System & Security - Security & Maintenance -Program Compatibility Troubleshooter - Test compatibility settings" the system...
  8. WIndows 10 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2018

WIndows 10 and Kaspersky Internet Security 2018: Shortly after converting to Windows 10, I noticed that Full Scan with Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 was stopping at 82%. It is stopping at the old Microsoft Windows 8 version files old.windows\software.... I am working with Kaspersky Support to resolve. I have been...
  9. Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 or 2016?

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 or 2016?: Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) 2016 does not appear on the Kaspersky UK page yet. Can KIS 2015 be used in Windows 10 and is it reliable pending UK support for KIS 2016? 13245
  10. Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security

Windows Defender vs. Kaspersky Internet Security: I've got Kaspersky KIS 2016 installed on Win10 and have turned (or tried to turn) Windows Defender off via Group Policy. It even says it's bee turned off. But Speccy v1.28.709 says: Windows Defender Windows Defender Enabled Firewall Firewall Enabled Display Name...