Windows 10: Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

Discus and support Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by liannawright, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

Hello, I just paid a lot of money $49 to renew my Webroot subscription. But I know Win 10 has Windows Defender. I want to know should I cancel the renewal w/ Webroot and just go with Defender? What's the difference between the two? Should I save my money? Opinions.

:)

liannawright, Sep 15, 2021

2. I have Webroot. Is this necessary or is Windows Defender enough?

Did you upgrade a Win7 computer or a Win8.1 computer [PICK ONE] to Win10?

Is the Webroot application still installed and if so, when does your current subscription expire?

By any chance did you purchase the computer at a Best Buy store and if so, did their Geek Squad sell you & install the Webroot application?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct

My Dell computer is currently being looked at by the Geek Squad. I do not know what version I have on it....possible 10. But Geek Squad cannot log in to my Microsoft account to work on it. They have the correct email address and password. Why can't they?

AprilWalton, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

Best Buy's Geek Squad

Here's my list, the same as fredc, all my folders are empty as well. I have WD My Cloud Drives that I use to store things on.

Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad [​IMG]

ukcatsfan83, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad

1. Windows Defender or Webroot Geek Squad - Similar Threads - Defender Webroot Geek

2. Had geek squad install a 3060, now have malfunctioning Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had geek squad install a 3060, now have malfunctioning Win11: I had Best Buy's geek squad install a Nvidia RTX 3060, and now when I open my computer and sign in, theres only a black screen. to get to all my files I ctrl+alt+del to get to task manager and then go to startup apps and select "open file location". Some other oddities have...
  3. Had geek squad install a 3060, now have malfunctioning Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had geek squad install a 3060, now have malfunctioning Win11: I had Best Buy's geek squad install a Nvidia RTX 3060, and now when I open my computer and sign in, theres only a black screen. to get to all my files I ctrl+alt+del to get to task manager and then go to startup apps and select "open file location". Some other oddities have...
  4. just data back up from Geek squad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just data back up from Geek squad: I do not have arecent back up of all aps files programs I know pretty dumb huh is there a way to retrieve thi from like on drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-data-back-up-from-geek-squad/75eb0c13-4250-419b-9a6b-c5b248a12658
  5. just data back up from Geek squad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just data back up from Geek squad: I do not have arecent back up of all aps files programs I know pretty dumb huh is there a way to retrieve thi from like on drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-data-back-up-from-geek-squad/75eb0c13-4250-419b-9a6b-c5b248a12658
  6. windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 windows defender vs webroot?: I have both on my laptop. The webroot just expired.....Do I need webroot since I already have the windows defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-windows-defender-vs-webroot/d93d02eb-9101-4238-a881-d5bac0c294ad
  7. Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct

Geek Squad not able to login my Microsoft Acct: My Dell computer is currently being looked at by the Geek Squad. I do not know what version I have on it....possible 10. But Geek Squad cannot log in to my Microsoft account to work on it. They have the correct email address and password. Why can't they?...
  8. BSOD: GEEK SQUAD said they fixed it! LIES

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: GEEK SQUAD said they fixed it! LIES: All sorts of programs are crashing. I go to game and it crashes Computer freezes only way to get it back is to turn it off. Mobo is a msi z390 a pro Ram gskill trident z rgb 3000mhz 16gb Hard drive 1tb western digital 1 year old 1tb ssd Samsung Psu Corsair rm 850w CPU i5...
  9. Webroot v Defender

Webroot v Defender: As a condition of a discount deal with Best Buy I received Webroot. Now BB continually bugs me to download the software. I currently use MS Defender. Is Webroot better than Defender? If I do download Webroot but do want to use it how do I delete it before it replaces...
  10. Best Buy's Geek Squad

in Windows 10 Support
    Best Buy's Geek Squad: I tested out Best Buy's geek squad a couple of days ago and put them to the test. Yes, i did! Why? Because I wanted to see if what I was hearing was true or not. I have been told they do NOT fully diagnose the problem and that they are just there to get your money. . . Well,...