Windows 10: Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?

Discus and support Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender Invoice 2020-converted.pdf I recieved an email saying I was charged $299.00 for my windows defender subscription. I've researched your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by alicianicolas, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?

Windows Defender Invoice 2020-converted.pdf
    I recieved an email saying I was charged $299.00 for my windows defender subscription. I've researched your fees and dont see one for $299. Please verify this is fraud. Thank you Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam? 361fffb1-9e62-4a9c-bbf5-ed70ac64ca7d?upload=true.png Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam? 8f8dd532-b15f-4916-a58f-d5e34e8f9d15?upload=true.png Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam? d9181de7-500d-42eb-9349-271282bfd4ba?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Windows defender subscription]

:)

alicianicolas, Dec 10, 2020

2. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Schness02 Win User
    Window Defender Scam

I also received a SCAM email regarding Windows Defender Protection. I called the phone number. The person who answered the phone was trying to tell me about a $299 subscription charge. And made little sense. I hung up quickly.

I did not respond to the email. The disguised email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Schness02, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?

Can't Turn Windows Defender on in Windows 10

This message suggests you're running a different protection product. When a different protection product tells Windows that it's protecting the system, Windows turns off Windows Defender and if you try to open it you get the message you're seeing.

Let's see what's protecting the system. Click Start and in the search box type Security and Maintenance. Click this in the results, and then in the Security section (you may need to click the down arrow to show this information) check what's listed under
    Virus protection and Spyware and unwanted software protection.

If you prefer to use Windows Defender you'll need to disable or uninstall the product currently offering protection. Or, if you keep your current product, Windows Defender will step in and offer protection if the current product stops (such as a paid subscription
    has expired).

Regards,

Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

Aaron Hulett - Former MSFT, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam?

1. Windows Defender paid subscription, is this Scam? - Similar Threads - Defender paid subscription

2. I paid for subscription and no activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I paid for subscription and no activation: I paid for subscription and no activation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-paid-for-subscription-and-no-activation/e7e6606e-863c-4db8-a68e-1dadb50fb8b8
  3. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  4. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  5. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Defender subscription renewal scam

Windows Defender subscription renewal scam: I stupidly called the number on the email stating that my Windows Defender subscription was renewed and $399.00 would be charged. And to add insult to injury, I followed their every request to open a website where they had control of my laptop and even had me login to my...
  7. Loss of paid subscriptions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of paid subscriptions: I have just had an update in windows and all of my paid subscriptions and a lot of my private info was deleted. Can I roll back this updaae or is all lost for good?...
  8. Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription

Fraud/Scam e-mail on Windows Defender Subscription: Hi all, Please advise as it seems I have received a spam e-mail confirming completion of one year subscription of Windows Defender Team. QTE From: Rose Eliot Rose Eliot <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: 23 November 2020 10:14 Subject: Invoice Paid...
  9. Paid subscription not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paid subscription not recognized: I have paid for Premium subscription to my Microsoft Solitaire Collection. It has been charged to my Pay Pal account, but I am still getting notices that it has expired and I am not receiving the benefits. Any idea how to fix it?...
  10. Paid for a canceled subscription

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Paid for a canceled subscription: I signed up for a 30 day trial of Office 365 after I purchased a new computer. I did not use it and even forgot about it entirely, and forgot to send Microsoft a cancellation before the 30 days expired. They stuck me with $107.50 bill. I disputed the charge and they still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender charged you $299