Windows 10: Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it?

Discus and support Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear All, I wonder whether you've come across this one: I run Windows 20175 and I use MalwareBytes as main protection software. Yesterday I decided to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kokkolis, Jul 28, 2020.

1. kokkolis Win User

Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it?

Dear All,

I wonder whether you've come across this one: I run Windows 20175 and I use MalwareBytes as main protection software. Yesterday I decided to also enable Windows Defender to fully scan the system.

Windows Defender found two trojans: One (which I can't remember its name!) and Win32/deplock. I got Defender to "take action"; It then showed that "dealt with all threats". Upon restart, I run a second full scan; the first threat has not come back since, but win32/deplock keeps appearing. Each time I get Defender to take action, it claims it does, shows that "threats have been dealt with" but after restart and full scan it appears again.

Interestingly, MalwareBytes has never picked either of these two as threats. Needless to say MalwareBytes and Defender are full up-to-date with latest updates.

I have also run Defender in off-line mode, same result, win32/deplock still being picked up.

Booted in Safe Mode, tried to run Defender but it's not enabled as a service under Safe Mode.

Any thoughts? Could it be a false positive?

Has anyone got a similar experience?

Thanks a lot!
    Christos

:)

kokkolis, Jul 28, 2020

2. win32/clepissup getting rid of

win32/clepissup getting rid of this virus.. I keep cleaning the computer and it keeps coming back

TannaMcguire, Jul 28, 2020
  3. YasNa_786 Win User
    how do i get rid of malware win32/Dynamer!ac

I recently got infected by this malware. windows defender picks it up and immediately quarantines it, but when I run the Microsoft virus scanner it doesn't pick it up neither does the windows malicious software tool. any ideas on how to get rid of it?

YasNa_786, Jul 28, 2020
  4. DK_8888 Win User

Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U

Hi,

my computer has been infected by these 2 viruses (Worm: Win32/Rebhip.Z and Worm: Win32/Rebhip.U). Whenever I scan with Windows Defender it does not find anything. However, when i reboot the computer it automatically quarantines them each time i reboot.

How do i get rid of these viruses?? Is there a safe program outside of Windows Defender? I tried deleting some temporary files and updating my java and chrome as this website suggested but no luck. Please help! Thanks!

DK_8888, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender picks up Win32/deplock but cannot get rid of it? - Similar Threads - Defender picks Win32

2. How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware: I've seen some posts with a similar problem, but the solutions seem to be specific to each person so here is my Windows Defender alert:Detected: Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.IAffected Items: behavior: process: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, pid:2776:120617923854497 process:...
  3. How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of "Win32/CoinMiner.I" malware: I've seen some posts with a similar problem, but the solutions seem to be specific to each person so here is my Windows Defender alert:Detected: Behavior:Win32/CoinMiner.IAffected Items: behavior: process: C:\Windows\System32\conhost.exe, pid:2776:120617923854497 process:...
  4. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  5. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB: Hi, all my windows security when a scan was carried out I found this Trojan:Win32/Xpack.A!MTB I can't seem to get rid of it or find that folder. I have turned off the system restore scanned with malware bytes and found nothing with the anti-virus program Total AV and found...
  6. Cant Get Rid Of A Trojan :Win32/Xpack.A!MTB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't get rid of Win32/NeksMiner!rfn

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get rid of Win32/NeksMiner!rfn: I am getting popup continuously from windows defender about this virus whenever I am connected to the network. I am removing it again this shows up.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-rid-of-win32neksminerrfn/c24494d7-af3b-4e29-873c-fd5889f08f50
  8. I can't get rid of Win32/NeksMiner!rfn

I can't get rid of Win32/NeksMiner!rfn: I am getting popup continuously from windows defender about this virus whenever I am connected to the network. I am removing it again this shows up.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-rid-of-win32neksminerrfn/c24494d7-af3b-4e29-873c-fd5889f08f50
  9. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  10. how do I get rid of Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC

how do I get rid of Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC: Defender tells me I have Win32/SpeedingUpMyPC on my computer. How di I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-win32speedingupmypc/1b2ed31e-a00f-4d0d-9ed5-61f8a37b806a