Windows 10: Windows Defender platform update

Discus and support Windows Defender platform update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 2004 on 7/22/20 and noticed a Windows Defender platform update which I will show in pictures below. But the part I'm concerned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TenPawl, Aug 2, 2020.

1. TenPawl Win User

Windows Defender platform update

I upgraded to Windows 2004 on 7/22/20 and noticed a Windows Defender platform update which I will show in pictures below. But the part I'm concerned about is the Windows Defender platform update that doesn't match up with the Microsoft Catalog. Is this anything to be concerned about and why is my Windows Defender platform update different from the one on the definitions MS website. Thanks a bundle if anyone can explain! Hope I did the picture upload right I see them in Manage Attactments.I have already ran sfc and DISM.
    Cheers

Windows Defender platform update [​IMG]

:)

TenPawl, Aug 2, 2020
  2. TenPawl Win User

I upgraded to Windows 2004 on 7/22/20 and noticed a Windows Defender platform update which I will show in pictures below. But the part I'm concerned about is the Windows Defender platform update that doesn't match up with the Microsoft Catalog. Is this anything to be concerned about and why is my Windows Defender platform update different from the one on the definitions MS website. Thanks a bundle if anyone can explain! Hope I did the picture upload right I see them in Manage Attactments.I have already ran sfc and DISM.
    Cheers

TenPawl, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update

It's listed under Definition Updates....
    The easiest way to check is to open Windows Security, go to Settings and click the About link.

Bree, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows Defender platform update

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender platform update - Similar Threads - Defender platform update

2. Windows Defender Platform update KB4052623 Error 0x80070643

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Platform update KB4052623 Error 0x80070643: Hi everyone, I’m having problems with defender platform updates this past few days. I get an error while running update kb4052623 and I get error 0x80070643. Sorry for all the details, but I am a detail kind of guy in this business. I have two updates which are version...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform - Update Issues: Using Windows 10 I have found it difficult recently to instal the normal definitions and the associated "Windows Defender Antivirus Antimalware Platform" KB 4052623 by the automatic method. I have four Windows 10 machines and eventually got them all to accept the updates. I...
  4. Defender Platform update

Defender Platform update: Observation rather than problem - I find that W10's Computer Manager> Performance> Monitoring> MoreActions> Reliability shows an update KB4052623 of Defender Platform to Version 4.18.2018.7 on 25 August and Security> Settings> About also shows that version but the update...
  5. Windows Defender platform update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender platform update: I upgraded to Windows 2004 on 7/22/20 and noticed a Windows Defender platform update which I will show in pictures below. But the part I'm concerned about is the Windows Defender platform update that doesn't match up with the Microsoft Catalog. Is this anything to be...
  6. Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform: Your recent update is preventing our Win10 machine from working. It boots eventually and them hangs. Inspection via 'task manager' identifies Win defender as the issue. This is your recommended fix...
  7. Fresh reset of windows - Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh reset of windows - Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform -...: I just did a complete reinstall of windows and basically nuked all my files. This set me back to square one. I managed to install2020-01 cumulative update for windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based systems KB4532695 As well asSecurity intelligence Update for windows Defender...
  8. Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update

Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update: The antimalware platform for Windows Defender has been updated today to v4.18.1910.4 You can get it here at Microsoft's Catalog: x86. x64 ARM64 I hope I am not mistaken and that is the correct order: Check file details for architecture. 143395
  9. Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform

Manually updating Windows Defender Antimalware Platform: I have downloaded latest KB file for updating WD Antimalware Platform from MS catalog for an offline PC I own. But there are three different executables with very long names. How do you apply the update? Do I need to run every one of them? TIA. 137319
  10. Location of update file for Windows Defender PLATFORM?

Location of update file for Windows Defender PLATFORM?: My Windows Update is inoperable. So I must manually install all updates. Where can I download the install file for the latest Windows Defender PLATFORM update? (NOT the definitions update.) Please do not tell me how to fix Windows Update. I have been working on solving...