Windows 10: Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software

Discus and support Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all My Windows Version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Ive been using Avast Free Antivirus for years now with little to no issues. This might... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Coach81, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Coach81 Win User

Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software

Hi all My Windows Version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Ive been using Avast Free Antivirus for years now with little to no issues. This might be a case of "if it aint broke dont fix it" scenario but should i rather just use windows default AV/Malwarebytes combo or just not do anything? Thank you

:)

Coach81, Jul 26, 2021

2. Malwarebytes anti malware & PANDA anti virus software

I recently purchased Malwarebytes anti malware & PANDA anti virus software. As part of the process Microsoft Windows Defender was disabled.

Is my computer still adequately protected ?

DuncanCole1, Jul 26, 2021
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Using a third-party virus/malware app with windows defender.

3rd party anti virus, security, and cleanup programs are not needed and cause problems with Windows 10.

Use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes.

lacrumb, Jul 26, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

RUN Windows Defender simultaneously with Malwarebytes

Hi margotr

If you are running MalwareBytes, it is recommended to run Defender and MalwareBytes together as they provide different types of protection

If you had a 3rd party Anti-virus Suite, then that would usually turn off Defender, however MalwareBytes is not an Anti-virus, it hunts down other types of malware, so yes, you should run both apps together . .

DaveM121, Jul 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes or 3rd party Anti-virus Software - Similar Threads - Defender plus Malwarebytes

2. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender running with 3rd party software: Had to reset my PC recently to try and solve a Microsoft Update issue, didn`t resolve it. But recently noticed that in security center, "where it did state that my 3rd party software name was protecting my pc" now it just shows - This is Defender running. Although when go to...
  3. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender running with 3rd party software: Had to reset my PC recently to try and solve a Microsoft Update issue, didn`t resolve it. But recently noticed that in security center, "where it did state that my 3rd party software name was protecting my pc" now it just shows - This is Defender running. Although when go to...
  4. Windows Defender running with 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Frequent BSOD despite having no Anti Virus, Updated Drivers and Software, No 3rd party...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD despite having no Anti Virus, Updated Drivers and Software, No 3rd party...: So basically I've been having BSODs on my laptop here are the dump files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aZNJPJBuLag5EtfLfBswfUaITRjAS4IZI did a full reinstall of Windows so you can check the latest crash dump files to analyze it. From what I saw on who crashed this...
  6. Frequent BSOD despite having no Anti Virus, Updated Drivers and Software, No 3rd party...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD despite having no Anti Virus, Updated Drivers and Software, No 3rd party...: So basically I've been having BSODs on my laptop here are the dump files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aZNJPJBuLag5EtfLfBswfUaITRjAS4IZI did a full reinstall of Windows so you can check the latest crash dump files to analyze it. From what I saw on who crashed this...
  7. Frequent BSOD despite having no Anti Virus, Updated Drivers and Software, No 3rd party...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes

Windows Defender plus Malwarebytes: Hello, So i currently have malwarebytes installed on my pc i almost never run it and windows defender running all the time. I've heard that windows defender has really improved its efficacity over the year and i'm wondering if it's useful to keep both considering i never use...
  9. Windows Defender or 3rd party?

Windows Defender or 3rd party?: Ordinary PC, running Windows 10 Professional ver 1803 I run some Adobe software. And it has a few performance issues. When I related the situation in the Adobe forum, they recommended completely shutting off whatever antivirus I'm using to see if that fixed the problem....
  10. 3rd party antivirus software

3rd party antivirus software: I'm thinking about getting Trend Micro antivirus software for my laptop. Is Trend Micro compatible with Windows 10 Home version 1803? Has anyone used Trend Micro and if so, how do you like it? Thank you for your time....