Windows 10: Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

Discus and support Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RakeshMalik, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

I'm constantly running into problems installing new versions of Assimilate Scratch because of idiotic windows defender glitches. Sheer idiocy like not being able to run an installer, even in admin mode. This is unacceptable. Completely unacceptable. Fix the piece of garbage or get rid of it, stop wasting my time with this defective trash.

It's also a massive performance problem, which is another colossal defect that you should not have allowed out in the wild.

:)

RakeshMalik, Sep 15, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

What the hell, windows defender?

Miners? Pretty sure no one claimed their miner program was disabling Windows Defender.

The fact WD is tagging a miner program merely suggests the miner program is doing something in an unusual, thus suspicious way. Should WD know that particular miner program is legit? Probably. Do you expect WD (or any security program) to automatically know every single legitimate program out there - even every time they are updated? I don't.

BTW, are you reporting that miner program to Microsoft as legit? If not, then you are part of the problem.

I agree with that. But it just does always work that way with computers in general.

My ISP sent out an update to my cable box/DVR. Suddenly all my scheduled programs had to be rescheduled. Half of my installed programs on this Windows computer I have to tell the installer I want it installed on D drive, not C. That's not Windows fault.

When there are major changes to a program, I can see where defaults may be reset.

As for UAC, as I said above, mine have never been changed back. Other changes I make stick.

As for enabling WD when you have disabled it AND you have no AV installed, I think MS is erring on the right side of that one - not you.

Bill_Bright, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation

1. Windows defender prevents legitimate software installation - Similar Threads - defender prevents legitimate

2. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?: I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package from a company called ESecure Software Services llc. Are they legit? Is the product quality? What do they provide that Windows...
  3. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?: I thought I was calling Microsoft Security for help and was told that my computer was unprotected. I ended up buying a $700 three year full package from a company called ESecure Software Services llc. Are they legit? Is the product quality? What do they provide that Windows...
  4. Is ESecure software for Windows legitimate?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. windows legitimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows legitimate: Few days ago my system crash and I need to put it on idle. I turned off the computer and do my own job. after several days I decided to perform a reset on my system after reset it took how many hours to complete. After that I got an error message that my Windows is not...
  6. windows legitimate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows legitimate: Few days ago my system crash and I need to put it on idle. I turned off the computer and do my own job. after several days I decided to perform a reset on my system after reset it took how many hours to complete. After that I got an error message that my Windows is not...
  7. Windows PIN prevents software installation

Windows PIN prevents software installation: I had signed in with my Microsoft account and set up a pin however I didn't like using Windows that way for my desktop computer so I switched back to sign on using a local account and removed the pin. This is working fine for normal sign in but when I try to install new...
  8. Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software

Prevent Windows 10 Pro Users from Installing Software: I have one user on a Win 10 Pro machine who seems to be able to bypass attempts to prevent them from installing games on their PC. They are a standard user with no admin access. When they try to update software such as antivirus, the system demands that they have admin...
  9. Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee: refuses to allow access for mcafee [Original Title: defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-prevents-installing-mcafee/44da1e3d-c46c-4d0f-a159-4c0590d53777
  10. Prevent kids from installing any software

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Prevent kids from installing any software: How do you prevent kids from installing any software regardless of it's age rating? I've restricted my son's account to ask permission before purchasing, to restrict apps to below a 6 year old (I've now changed this to 3 year old) but I don't want him installing anything -...