Windows 10: Windows defender probably corrupted

Discus and support Windows defender probably corrupted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I opened my Windows security application I saw this is it corrupt or what, and if I want to reinstall it what is the command like for microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SohamBhattacharya, May 12, 2020.

1. Windows defender probably corrupted

When I opened my Windows security application I saw this is it corrupt or what, and if I want to reinstall it what is the command like for microsoft store it is *Microsoft.WindowsStore* Windows defender probably corrupted a4c93308-b5d5-4bf1-ae1b-8b2b29b96caa?upload=true.jpg

:)

SohamBhattacharya, May 12, 2020

2. Corrupt Files

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing is most likely due to a virus. A computer virus can corrupt or delete data on a computer. It can even delete everything on the hard disk.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a full scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps below:

• Type windows defender on the search bar.
    • Click on Windows Defender.
    • On the right panel, select Full, then click on Scan now.

If the full scan cannot detect any viruses, we suggest that you run an offline scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline

If you have a different antivirus application installed on your computer,
    Windows Defender
    will automatically turn off. Kindly disable other antivirus applications before running a scan using
    Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows Defender

Hi Ohid,

A corrupted app is one of the possible causes why Windows Defender does not update properly.

To check for updates in Windows Defender, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Defender if it is not already open. To do this, click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.
    • Check for new definitions. To do this, click Check for Updates Now.

You may also follow the troubleshooting steps created by PrashantKumar96 on this

thread
    . The link has a series of steps that will guide you to troubleshoot Windows Defender.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, May 12, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Windows defender probably corrupted

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender probably corrupted

1. Windows defender probably corrupted - Similar Threads - defender probably corrupted

2. Asus Stuck on boot loop probably boot record corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus Stuck on boot loop probably boot record corrupted: Hi, I have a big problem with my Asus Rog GL503VM windows 10: today I opened my pc to clean it from dust, and after the proccess it is stuck on the logo/ or in the automatic repair tool. I am sure that everything is connected, in fact in the bios I can see all my hardweres...
  3. Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator App Not Working - Cortana is missing - (Probably User Account is corrupted): Hello, I think I know what causes this problem (User Account is corrupted or misconfigured somehow) but I don't know how to fix it. So it's because I changed my user account folder name via cmd on boot for 5-6 months ago, and now it's all working fine, however ALL windows...
  4. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  5. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  6. Defender Files Corrupted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Files Corrupted: This morning when I opened my laptop it force restarted and went into repair mode. When it finally restarted I had no internet connection at all for about ten minutes (with LAN attached), though it said I did. Nothing worked. Finally Chrome started getting connection and...
  7. Windows Defender corrupt files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender corrupt files: Hi I have been having issues with my Ethernet and someone from the community suggested that since the issue might be because of corrupt Windows defender files. Reasons it could be because of Windows defender: 1. When I navigate to Firewall & Network Protection I get 3...
  8. Windows Update, free will and probably no skill

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update, free will and probably no skill: Hello, There are always a lot of debates going on about free will. We often find ourselves in situations where we make choices, which comes with responsibilities and will often lead to credit or blame. As an owner of my own personal computer, I could (if I wanted to) throw...
  9. Windows 10 probably corruption sfc /scannow taking hours

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 probably corruption sfc /scannow taking hours: HP 15-an050 - Windows 10 build 14393.rs1_release 161220_1747 Am experiencing alot of different issues so assume corruption. 1) wi-fi (wireless) wont connect - all other laptops I have are fine 2) cannot add new user - get "something went wrong" 3) microsoft security...
  10. Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware)

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep/Load issue corrupting user profile (probably hardware): Hi all, I've been having a recurring problem with my pc for the past week or so. When I put it to sleep it usually takes quite a long time to do so, and then when I wake it I get issues. When it wakes it works fine for the first few mins, but then I run into a issue where...