Windows 10: Windows defender probably corrupted

Discus and support Windows defender probably corrupted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I opened my Windows security application I saw this is it corrupt or what, and if I want to reinstall it what is the command like for microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SohamBhattacharya, May 12, 2020.

1. Windows defender probably corrupted

When I opened my Windows security application I saw this is it corrupt or what, and if I want to reinstall it what is the command like for microsoft store it is *Microsoft.WindowsStore* Windows defender probably corrupted a4c93308-b5d5-4bf1-ae1b-8b2b29b96caa?upload=true.jpg

:)

SohamBhattacharya, May 12, 2020

2. Corrupt Files

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing is most likely due to a virus. A computer virus can corrupt or delete data on a computer. It can even delete everything on the hard disk.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a full scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps below:

• Type windows defender on the search bar.
    • Click on Windows Defender.
    • On the right panel, select Full, then click on Scan now.

If the full scan cannot detect any viruses, we suggest that you run an offline scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline

If you have a different antivirus application installed on your computer,
    Windows Defender
    will automatically turn off. Kindly disable other antivirus applications before running a scan using
    Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows Defender

Hi Ohid,

A corrupted app is one of the possible causes why Windows Defender does not update properly.

To check for updates in Windows Defender, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Defender if it is not already open. To do this, click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.
    • Check for new definitions. To do this, click Check for Updates Now.

You may also follow the troubleshooting steps created by PrashantKumar96 on this

thread
    . The link has a series of steps that will guide you to troubleshoot Windows Defender.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, May 12, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Windows defender probably corrupted

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender probably corrupted

1. Windows defender probably corrupted - Similar Threads - defender probably corrupted

2. Boot issues/probable gpt corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot issues/probable gpt corruption: Issue: BootPlatform: Windows 11 Boot Drive: WD Blue SN570 500GBBootloader: GPTHi! I had turned off my computer and then opened it up to clean it, but moments later, I noticed that it had started booting out and at that time I had removed the SSD. The consequence of which is...
  3. Boot issues/probable gpt corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot issues/probable gpt corruption: Issue: BootPlatform: Windows 11 Boot Drive: WD Blue SN570 500GBBootloader: GPTHi! I had turned off my computer and then opened it up to clean it, but moments later, I noticed that it had started booting out and at that time I had removed the SSD. The consequence of which is...
  4. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding: Hi, All:Old fart, and not very computer literate. I am getting popups in the lower right on my screen saying I have viruses and/or trojans. They won't go away. I click "close" and they pop right back up. One says it is from Google Chrome, and the other says it is from McAfee....
  5. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding: Hi, All:Old fart, and not very computer literate. I am getting popups in the lower right on my screen saying I have viruses and/or trojans. They won't go away. I click "close" and they pop right back up. One says it is from Google Chrome, and the other says it is from McAfee....
  6. Probable Malware That Windows Defender Isn't Finding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Missing files/ Probably corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files/ Probably corrupted: After an update I installed released some 1-2 months ago which I only installed a week after this post. Only one of two updates were successfully installed. the other one "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014697" has an "Install error -...
  8. Missing files/ Probably corrupted

Missing files/ Probably corrupted: After an update I installed released some 1-2 months ago which I only installed a week after this post. Only one of two updates were successfully installed. the other one "2022-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5014697" has an "Install error -...
  9. TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted: Before I make a full reset on my Windows hard drive C:, I did a backup of all my important files to my second Hard Drive D: and then, I executed the "chkdsk D: /r" on CMD just because sometimes my Hard Drive D: was having some kind of failures but I needed to do it. In the...
  10. TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted

TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted: Before I make a full reset on my Windows hard drive C:, I did a backup of all my important files to my second Hard Drive D: and then, I executed the "chkdsk D: /r" on CMD just because sometimes my Hard Drive D: was having some kind of failures but I needed to do it. In the...