Windows 10: Windows Defender Problem "PC AT RISK"

Discus and support Windows Defender Problem "PC AT RISK" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender I have had for a very long time now. and all of a sudden it stops working. It says my pc isn't being monitored because the apps... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AlexCore1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. AlexCore1 Win User

Windows Defender Problem "PC AT RISK"

My windows defender I have had for a very long time now. and all of a sudden it stops working. It says my pc isn't being monitored because the apps service stopped. And when I press start it says system could not be started, this service can not find the file specified. And then it says REAL TIME- PROTECTION: OFF VIRUS AND SPYWARE DEFINITIONS: OUT OF DATE

My pc hasn't been able to scan since 4/13/2018. Please help me all my pc can do is watch videos on BING. And if I try to play games like Roblox or go on YouTube it doesn't work PLEASE REPLIE,

:)

AlexCore1, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender says my PC is at risk.

Does it tell you why it is at risk? Typically, this message may
    indicate the program has not been updated.

Have you attempted to manually update Windows Defender?

Any other issues?

Suggest you review the following - - -

Sounds like you possibly have another security program installed or there may be remnants of such a program you previously
    used that are still on the computer and are interfering with Windows Defender.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

On Windows 8.1/10 when a third party antimalware program (such as McAfee, Norton, etc) is installed the Windows Defender (WD) program is disabled.

If you wish to use WD on Win 8.1/10 you should ensure that any third party antimalware program that may be on the computer (or was previously on the computer before it was upgraded
    to Win 10) has been uninstalled. It is recommended that you also run the appropriate software removal tool for the third party program(s) and then reboot the computer. See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

WD should then be enabled and working properly though you might need to restart WD in Security Service/Action Center.

See http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/
    Good article but ignore the ads!

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

If you cannot resolve the issue suggest you post back in this thread and provide additional information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Windows Defender message "PC status: At risk"

Hi,

We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Le Boule and follow the instructions given regarding PC status is still at risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Pedro M Win User

Pedro M, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Problem "PC AT RISK" - Similar Threads - Defender Problem RISK

2. request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    request for a risk that a PC notebook was compromise: Dear Mister, Miss,i'm french, but i'm writting in english in order to increase the probability to have a good answer logical, accurate, with a good technical guidance for a novice like meBy advance, i apologize if i made mistakes in my sentences...context:1 in order to check...
  3. Is there a high risk in disabling windows defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a high risk in disabling windows defender?: So I've seen some people say they disable windows defender because of performance issues, and I've considered doing it for the same reason. Is there legitimate risk in disabling/uninstalling it? And if so what can I do to get rid of the risk after disabling it? submitted by...
  4. PC at Risk

PC at Risk: my stuff is at risk I had a virus and said my that my privacy is in danger [Original Title: viruse] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-at-risk/0f42cf89-d2d9-4c32-ba96-1d542e820f84
  5. risk 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    risk 2: how do you download it in the windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/risk-2/c3e04577-2e54-481b-aaa2-08657bae1c49
  6. Unsure if my PC is at risk of a virus/malware

Unsure if my PC is at risk of a virus/malware: My anti-virus and malware programme (Bitdefender) keeps flagging "C:\Windows\System32\wscript.exe" as a "Potentially malicious application". Also whenever I try to open windows security it says the page is not available and I have limited access to certain areas despite me...
  7. your pc is at risk update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your pc is at risk update: Hello! This is Ronnie and I bought a new laptop on Christmas. I have been getting the "Your Pc is at risk" pop up and that I need to update it. However, when I pressed update, I waited till it finished and then it returned to 0%. Later on I kept it for the whole night and...
  8. Window defender status: PC at risk

Window defender status: PC at risk: Hello, Could you advise how could I solve this problem: My Window defender status says: PC at risk, and I have no move. It will not let me turn it on. It seems stuck. Thank you for help. I am hoping for some directions....
  9. Risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risk: I just bought risk from the microsoft store on my pc and now it wont let me install it on my device. Is there anything i can change to make it install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/risk/31de6d96-8c96-4dfe-abff-b30f6ea70d14
  10. Your PC is at risk - updating it now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC is at risk - updating it now?: Sometimes when I turn on the monitor to my PC this popup shows up. I don't know if I should be worried and I just want to stop it. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/your-pc-is-at-risk-updating-it-now/9aa8cc12-02c4-4c21-a335-a986077415df

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pc isnt being monitored because the app in windows defender