Windows 10: Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

Discus and support Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Maor Ovadia, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker

potentially unwanted application i dont know if it is false positive i scan it with bitdefender anti virus and it was clean

i use bittorrent client for years on windows 10 without problem and not even one virus everthing went wrong after 2004 update how to solve this ?do i need to disable windows defender and instal third party antivirus like bitdefender or kaspersky ? PUA:Win32/Presenoker potentially unwanted application is a trojan or false positive ?

:)

Maor Ovadia, Sep 11, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Al2020s Win User
    WSUS updates and defender definition updates problem with W10 LTBS 1607

Hello,

Environment

A number of windows 10 PRO are running and WSUS properly provides updates for them.

Recently a number of Dell 5070 WES clients with preinstalled W10 IOT (current version is W10 LTBS 1607 Enterprise edition) have been deployed.

Settings for WSUS

In products list:

In addition to other W10 editions selected W10, W10 LTBS and a number of other versions. I also selected Windows Defender.

In classification:

Selected Critical Updates, Definition Updates, Security Updates, Service Packs, Updates Rollups, Upgrades.

Definitions updates are set to be automatically approved.

W10 LTBS updates and definitions

WSUS recognizes Wyse 5070 devices as Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTBS but It does not show any current failed/needed updates for these devices Defender defenitions updates are not being deployed.

Online updates with Microsoft does work: patches/updates can be downloaded and installed and defender definitions are applied automatically.

Al2020s, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

Jsssssssss, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

1. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update - Similar Threads - Defender problems W10

2. Win10 v2004 update problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 v2004 update problems: Why did this update disable sharing on the Win 10 computers? I have two computers running Win 10 and two running Win 7. After the update to v 2004 neither of the Win 10 computers could find the shares on the Win 10 ones, but they could still see the Win 7 ones in File...
  3. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  4. What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004: Ever Since I updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 the file explorer takes from 40s~2min to load and then it doesn't hang on any folder again, but if I close it and open it again it hangs again and also clicking on This PC after browsing any folder starts the hanging again. I...
  5. W10 v2004 text files

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 v2004 text files: Hi, for a variety of reasons i had to do a new install of W10 pro, I keep my subscription keys in text files, some go back years, whwn i try to open an existing text file in notepad or wordpad in the new install the text appears in what looks like a chinese font, i have tried...
  6. Win 10 v2004 update problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 v2004 update problem: Since upgrading I noticed all my files are routed through One Drive cloud. Example Pictures folder used to be under This Computer with sub folders. Now it has all been placed in Cloud storage. Why did this happen? How do I undo it without loss of files? Thanks...
  7. Problems with Windows Defender after Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Windows Defender after Update: You people from Microsoft always do things half way !!! a very nerving issue in windows defender is when , after an update , all allowed items are deleted and important programs don't work anymore , and so the allowed items list must be rebuilt . This list should not be...
  8. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?: [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck...
  9. Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Problems and no boot after Windows 10 v2004 update: about 4 days ago i received the windows 10 v2004 may update on my gaming PC in windows update i didnt force the update in anyway , it just came up in windows update & since microsoft is blocking the update for unsupported systems or the systems that might have problems with...
  10. Unable to update to w10, v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to w10, v2004: have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have been able to update to NVIDIA 341.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international. Microsoft states there is a problem with NVIDIA under...