Windows 10: Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls

Discus and support Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi. my windows defender is not working.every time micro soft send thru updates it shuts off my windows defender and I am tired of that.i call the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonRidzon, Feb 15, 2019.

1. DonRidzon Win User

Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls

hi. my windows defender is not working.every time micro soft send thru updates it shuts off my windows defender and I am tired of that.i call the 800-642-7676 number and i am told by a machine I have to call back which is what I do.i have called a dozen times in the last few weeks.is everybody in the phillipians sleeping.i paid $160.00 USD for a service and cannot even get a real person to talk to .everyone that has fixed my computer has been really nice now they must be all tired and sleeping. be nice if someone would me so we can fix this computer. my phone. (Moderator removed personal information) would be nice if someone would use it. I hope this does not take the next few weeks Donald w.Ridzon.

* Original title: windows defender is not working:

:)

DonRidzon, Feb 15, 2019

2. Microsoft Botches Up UEFI Support for Windows 7 on ASUS Motherboards

Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls [​IMG]

Microsoft suggests updating to Windows 10 to patch Windows 7
    • Tweet
    • Facebook
    • Google plus
    • Send to
    9 Comments

MICROSOFT HAS confirmed a potentially lappy-borking problem that it won't be fixing, because Windows 7.

Woody Leonhard, the respected Windows columnist, points to a problem involving Asus motherboards, which also appear rebadged in a variety of other manufacturers' machines, and the activation of UEFI Secure Boot for Windows 7 in a patch KB3133977.

Short version: install update, welcome to Borksville, population you.

Both Asus and Microsoft acknowledged the problem. Microsoft entitled the article "BitLocker can't encrypt drives because of service crashes in svchost.exe process in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2", but we prefer to just call it "Trevor for brevity."

The firm's advice was that it's an optional update, leave well alone, you'll be fine, or alternatively turn secure boot off.

Then Microsoft did a silly, silly thing.

It moved the update from 'optional' to 'recommended' and anyone who reads this site regularly will know what happens when Microsoft does this. That's right boys and girls - it makes it automatically install, unless you've specifically told your machine not to.

So now, if you have one of the affected motherboard and you keep your security updates automatic like wot Microsoft recommends, then your machine will stop working properly.

We should add it's not permanently bricked, but it will take some mucking about in the BIOS to fix and that's a pain even for an experienced computer user.

Microsoft has, by offering a workaround, suggested heavily that it won't be fixing the problem, though we have asked the question, so expect a response in about a fortnight.

But the real kicker is this piece of advice: "Note The Secure Boot feature is supported in Windows 10. To learn more about the security advantages of this feature and about the upgrade path from Windows 7 to Windows 10, go to the following Windows website"

Holy toledo, this company really knows how to rub people up the wrong way.

After all - if the advice is to manually avoid the update or move to a version of the operating system where there's virtually no control over updates, then Microsoft is dealing in massive contradictions.

A more cynical site would suggest that it's yet another example of Microsoft running Windows 7 into the ground and adding built in obsolescence to encourage quicker updates. But we're not that sort of site.

Its the patching to force secure boot that is the problem win 7 does not support secure boot
    hence it borks systems and well microsofts answer is Cactus >your Asshole > insert

from the inquirer

dorsetknob, Feb 15, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls

calling level 2 support

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key, and type Contact Support.

• Select Services and apps.

• Click on Windows.

• Click on Technical Support.

• There you will be able to contact the Technical support.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows defender problems not resolved by Microsoft Support after numerous calls - Similar Threads - defender problems resolved

2. Help resolving numerous application crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help resolving numerous application crashes: Windows 11 numerous Steam games have failed in the past month. Windows has crashed.This is the most recent application crash after updating BIOS, AMD Driver.The computer was mostly idle and when I came back I saw the error.What additional information is needed? I have 6 files...
  3. Help resolving numerous application crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help resolving numerous application crashes: Windows 11 numerous Steam games have failed in the past month. Windows has crashed.This is the most recent application crash after updating BIOS, AMD Driver.The computer was mostly idle and when I came back I saw the error.What additional information is needed? I have 6 files...
  4. Microsoft Support Call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Call: So I've been trying to get Microsoft support to call me for the past 7-8 hours but it always says we are having trouble connecting you .I really need someone to call me so I can get my issues with a code fixed *moved...
  5. A Microsoft Support Team Call

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Microsoft Support Team Call: We had a phone call in our answering machine saying it was from Microsoft support team and they'll charge $299.90 from our bank account. They left the phone # to call. Should we ignore the call and delete the message?...
  6. A recent call with Microsoft Support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A recent call with Microsoft Support: Hey! This is my first post in the community so I am glad to be a part of it!!! I recently called Microsoft Support Australia for a question I had for my Windows Licence. I have a Dell Inspiron with a digital OEM licence for Windows 10 Home. Because this was an OEM...
  7. Microsoft support phone calls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft support phone calls: I would be interested if anyone else has experienced the following (and been as daft as I was initially). I received a call from 'Microsoft' advising that my PC had a deadly virus and could I clear it. After some chat with an Asian voice I was passed on to possibly a...
  8. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: did an update and when i woke up in the morning the computer was on the BSOD saying cant fix the issue. i have 2 issues the dang srt log, which i have seen numerous post about, and i also have ntoskrnl.exe issue. I cant figure out how to fix this. I have formatted and...
  9. Numerous issues with 10 resolved

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Numerous issues with 10 resolved: I re-installed the free upgrade this week on my 4 laptops and several issues were resolved. C+ constant install computer boots with an error screen and then repair Random hardware issues*Biggrin Did not do a clean install/keep files and settings. 44134
  10. Numerous problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Numerous problems: Hi all, having lots of problems. Firstly windows update isn't working. Downloaded update repair and it stalled at 'starting bits services'. Tried to do a disk check but file explorer crashes. Email says settings are out of date, when I try to repair I get error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone call says windows defender antivirus isnt working