Windows 10: Windows defender protection history is missing

Discus and support Windows defender protection history is missing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by niko.yanev, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi guys,

i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago.

when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> and under Current Threats --> Protection History - same - showing blank page with no filters and so on.

I have tried to reset it, tried dism and nothing helped.

check the screenshots:

This is the current missing protection history:

Windows defender protection history is missing c512ee47-eebc-49af-a9aa-4eef2854f433?upload=true.png

And this is how it should be - on a different PC - same configuration, same levels of updates, same settings:

Windows defender protection history is missing 9af8a9e6-46b3-4c03-82b5-a3a21d2cdcb5?upload=true.png

Thank you

:)

niko.yanev, May 8, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 8, 2020
  3. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

While Windows Defender can be configured via Powershell cmdlet "Set-MpPreference" thus changing Group Policy and Registry settings to purge after 1 day minimum, however, this fails to accomplish the objective which is to clear the protection history manually and/or instantly as this topic suggests.

I tried this with no success... even tried rebooting to make sure at no avail.

This is the procedure that does indeed work.
    I previously had tried deleting the folder before with no success but turning off, then on said protections is what apparently allows this to work. Thank you and the OP "LiNer2" from windows forum for this.

To anyone who wishes to try this and you don't happen to have any current protection history...
    you can utilize the "EICAR Anti-Malware Testfile" to check the solution.

Greythorne II, May 8, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender protection history is missing

1. Windows defender protection history is missing - Similar Threads - defender protection history

2. Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection History: Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for. 1. I want to clear these entries. 2. I've already let the programs...
  3. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history: What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A category worm How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom ran an entire...
  4. Windows defender crashed in protection history screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender crashed in protection history screen.: To be honest I pretty much gave up all hope for this subject, but I'll give it a try since I don't have many option. My windows defender crash a few seconds after I open protection history screen, I got some tier 2 technicians from microsoft support to remote controlled my...
  5. Windows Defender Threat Protection history crashes

Windows Defender Threat Protection history crashes: I used to be able to see and alter the controlled folder access protection history with windows 10. Ever since a recent update I cannot view my protection history without the window crashing. I have tried deleting my threat protection history but even in Command Prompt and...
  6. Protection History

Protection History: After running Windows Defender Offline Scan shouldn't that activity show up in Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/345164dd-f13b-44ab-b51a-1279ab0ca5d6"
  7. Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open

Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open: Every time i click on protection history in windows defender, the app freezes and then crashes. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have all updates installed, ran sfc/scannow command, rebooted 5 times and still the problem exists. https://imgur.com/a/hrIVdiJ...
  8. windows defender virus and protection history issue

windows defender virus and protection history issue: hello I did a scan and found the trojan virus I did not understand whether the virus was deleted and I was wondering how to delete the other topic protection history ?[ATTACH]...
  9. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  10. View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10: How to: View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 How to View Protection History of Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10 Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with Windows Security. When you start up Windows 10 for the first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender protection history missing