Windows 10: Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Philip1749, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed to delete automatically after one month. But this does not happen. I tried changing the Windows PowerShell Administrator mode value from 30 to 1, so that the entries would delete after one day instead of 30. This did not work either. What can I do to get rid of the Low Threat entries from the Protection History log?

:)

Philip1749, Jul 2, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

1. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Defender Protection History

2. Defender Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  3. My protection history on Windows Defender

My protection history on Windows Defender: So there is an potentially unwanted app, and whenever I go to my protection history, it's all gone which is abnormal. And I want to know how to find and remove this virus and fix my protection history to find it....
  4. Windows Defender Protection History Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Protection History Crash: Hello. After opening history of protection in windows defender it just freezes and than crash. I tried deleting the history but it didnt help. Windows is updated....
  5. Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Protection History With Windows 10: In the Virus And Threat Protection section of Windows Defender for Windows 10, I have tried using multiple methods to delete all Low Threat items from the Protection History log. Nothing will delete them. And they have been there going back to April 6, 2021. They are supposed...
  6. W10 Windows Defender Protection History

W10 Windows Defender Protection History: Hi, is it possible to clear the "all recent items" list in "virus & protection/protection history" it currently lists 14 items of "protected memory access blocked" and 1 item of "protected folder access blocked" all low severity. I have tried various "solutions" but none have...
  7. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72
  8. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender scan History folder