Windows 10: Windows Defender Protection History

Discus and support Windows Defender Protection History in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OwenChristensen, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Protection History

Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help.

:)

OwenChristensen, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Time Lady, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Taggg Win User

Windows Defender Protection History

Windows defender protection history is missing

Anecdotally, I have found that when I am using a third-party antivirus (Avast), my Windows Defender protection history is blank. Even when there are detections made by Windows Defender scans, they will not show up there. The only way I can see them is to
    look in Event Viewer: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...rus/troubleshoot-microsoft-defender-antivirus.
    After disabling Avast, protection history is restored.

Although this is my experience, I haven't been able to find any documentation on this behavior, so YMMV.

Taggg, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Protection History

1. Windows Defender Protection History - Similar Threads - Defender Protection History

2. Windows Defender protection history - deletion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender protection history - deletion: Hello, I can delete Windows Defender detection history after many failures, thank you. What I can't do is remove the items "Access to protected folders was blocked", it is already unblocked and the tool is turned off, but I can no longer remove it from the history of...
  3. Windows Defender not showing Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not showing Protection History: hello friends, something very annoying has been happening to me for a few weeks, at first I did not give it importance but now it is unbearable and annoying and the truth is I do not know what caused it, it may have been a windows update or The fact that I moved my programs...
  4. Defender Protection history

Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  5. My protection history on Windows Defender

My protection history on Windows Defender: So there is an potentially unwanted app, and whenever I go to my protection history, it's all gone which is abnormal. And I want to know how to find and remove this virus and fix my protection history to find it....
  6. Windows Defender Protection History Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Protection History Crash: Hello. After opening history of protection in windows defender it just freezes and than crash. I tried deleting the history but it didnt help. Windows is updated....
  7. W10 Windows Defender Protection History

W10 Windows Defender Protection History: Hi, is it possible to clear the "all recent items" list in "virus & protection/protection history" it currently lists 14 items of "protected memory access blocked" and 1 item of "protected folder access blocked" all low severity. I have tried various "solutions" but none have...
  8. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72
  9. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...