Windows 10: Windows Defender protection network attacks

Discus and support Windows Defender protection network attacks in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day, 1) Please inform which modules are responsible for protecting network attacks? What modules should be included? 2) A test simulation of a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PashakusRatel, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Windows Defender protection network attacks

Good day,

1) Please inform which modules are responsible for protecting network attacks? What modules should be included?
    2) A test simulation of a network attack on vulnerabilities was cited, and no events were found. Tell me where is the information about network attacks? (reports, logs)

:)

PashakusRatel, Jul 25, 2019

2. Windows Defender - Firewall and Network Protection

Hi,

We suggest that you try restarting Windows Defender service and check if issue is resolved. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and type services.msc,
      hit enter.
    • Search Windows Defender Service.:1)Windows Defender Service ; 2)
      Windows Defender Network.
    • Right click on each and press Start.
    • Restart your computer and check if issue persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10: protection against recent Depriz malware attacks

Source: Windows 10: protection, detection, and response against recent Depriz malware attacks Microsoft Malware Protection Center

Brink, Jul 25, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Defender protection network attacks

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jul 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender protection network attacks

1. Windows Defender protection network attacks - Similar Threads - Defender protection network

2. LSA protection and attack surface rules

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LSA protection and attack surface rules: Hi,We are implemting defender ssecurity.After putting ASR in audit we start to follow the recommandations.After son time we see the ASR rule "Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe" is not applicable.After a long search I found...
  3. LSA protection and attack surface rules

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LSA protection and attack surface rules: Hi,We are implemting defender ssecurity.After putting ASR in audit we start to follow the recommandations.After son time we see the ASR rule "Block credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem lsass.exe" is not applicable.After a long search I found...
  4. network adapter attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network adapter attack: Just a post to give info. Last weekend i tried to get online and the network adapter trouble shooter said i had missing and corrupt files and i could not get on the internet. How to fix this issue some of you might wonder. This is how . plug in ur earthnet cable , go to your...
  5. network adapter attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network adapter attack: Just a post to give info. Last weekend i tried to get online and the network adapter trouble shooter said i had missing and corrupt files and i could not get on the internet. How to fix this issue some of you might wonder. This is how . plug in ur earthnet cable , go to your...
  6. network adapter attack

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows defender protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender protection: Hello everyone! Good day! I just want to ask this because my windows defender anti virus was lost and turned off. How can I fix this and bring back it like before...
  8. System Center Endpoint Protection protection network attacks

System Center Endpoint Protection protection network attacks: Good day, 1) Please inform which modules are responsible for protecting network attacks? What modules should be included? 2) A test simulation of a network attack on vulnerabilities was cited, and no events were found. Tell me where is the information about network attacks?...
  9. Windows defender protection

Windows defender protection: Hello I really need help because "Real-Time Protection" of my laptop is Disabled by a malicious software. Now I'm restricted to turn it ON. That software open new tabs in browser after every minute. Moreover when I try to shutdown my laptop the process stop because of that...
  10. Windows Defender protection

Windows Defender protection: My question is: does Windows Defender protect against Malware ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection/b3c713cf-b2de-4b65-8334-0e967dfe2413