Windows 10: Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

Discus and support Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was mapped into one of my servers and Window Security claimed that a text file I've been working projects.php on was a virus and quarantined it. This... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JeffBattle1, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

I was mapped into one of my servers and Window Security claimed that a text file I've been working projects.php on was a virus and quarantined it. This took me by surprise since I'm not in the habit of writing viruses and I don't think I could if I wanted to. Anyway, I saw this file in Protection history and selected theRestore option and yes, I was very careful to select Restore. It gave me the notice thatThis threat of app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future but the file was NOT returned to the location it was before it was quarantined. I looked up where quarantined files are kept C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Quarantine and I did find some folders and what appears to be an encoded file with the same date/time that the quarantine happened. I assume this is the file I want. Is there any way to decode this?

My workstation is Windows 10 Pro, version 1909.

The server I was mapped to is Windows Server 2012 R2 running as VM in XCP-NG

Any help getting this file would be appreciated since this is a new development server I spun up and have not yet setup any backup for it so I've lost about a week of development I accept responsibility for this oversight :-

:)

JeffBattle1, Jul 1, 2020

2. How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

No, you defend them. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work :p They're not for Windows 10 and don't address my question.

As I said, I've already clicked Restore and it doesn't restore them. I have also already added them to the Allowed list.

wearenotamused, Jul 1, 2020
  3. How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

Hello my name is Yohandi.

It is a pleasure to have your participation in the Microsoft Community

To restore the items that are in the Windows quarantine, defend the steps shown below.

1- Open Windows Defender> Virus and threat protection

2- Go to Threat History tab.

3- In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

4- Place to check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable Allow item.

5- Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

Open Windows Defender.

Go to History tab.

In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.

Click on view details.

In the description, it will show you the path where it is located.

I wish you an excellent day! Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work ;)

I hope it works for you

YohandiCrespo, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

1. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work - Similar Threads - defender quarantined PHP

2. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  3. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File history doesn't seem to work: I have file history running and it says it has backed up but when I look at the files on my external hard drive, they all show as last modified about three months ago....
  4. File history doesn't seem to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. php not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    php not working?: Hi, I just loaded new os (windows7 proessional) to my machine along with later version of xampp and when I run php files I get php code I could use some advice. thanks! here is the code: <html><body> <hr> <center><b><font size=+2> 515 Certification Expiration...
  6. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved: I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything...
  7. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  8. File encryption doesn't seem to be working

File encryption doesn't seem to be working: I have Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to encrypt a file. I select the file, go to Properties, go to Advanced. Encrypt contents to secure data is available, and I check that box. I hit OK, then Apply. I'm prompted to encrypt the parent folder, and I select Yes. Then nothing...
  9. Windows doesn't seem to be working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't seem to be working: Startup menu - get error message that tells me it will try to fix if I sign out No Cortana search box - can't type anything into it Links in various sections of the Home area get no respone - such as "get help" or "provide feedback" - nothing happens when I click on the...
  10. Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update

Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update: I can't find the Windows Defender quarantine anymore in Creators Update. 83332