Windows 10: Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

Discus and support Windows Defender questionable RAM usage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I decided to use built-in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes free as my second opinion scanner, I just would like to make sure that there's nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ashramnavivi, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

So I decided to use built-in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes free as my second opinion scanner, I just would like to make sure that there's nothing wrong with these values of the Windows Defender RAM memory usage, it goes from 120-150MB when in idle mode, I have 16GB of DDR4 ram and it's not representing any problem, but I would just like to know if it's possible to reduce it to like 50-60MB of memory usage or something else, thanks!

Windows Defender questionable RAM usage LYE487N.png

:)

ashramnavivi, Jun 23, 2020
  2. knute97 Win User

Task Manager RAM Usage

My computer is running 64 bit Windows 10 with 6 GB of RAM.

I have been monitoring my memory usage via Task Manager and occasionally download tasklist via the cmd line.

What has been bothering me is that my RAM usage at reboot starts at 34%, and left alone, increases to ~75-80% without running any programs.
    (I do have start up programs including McAfee, Dropbox, Seagate console, gadgets, etc.)

When I analyze the tasklist download file via Excel, the total RAM memory usage is approximately 3.1 GB at 79%.
    Doing the math, this means there is only 4 GB in use?

I have 2 questions:

1. Does Task Manager list all the RAM usage or is there some background usage that is not shown.?

2. Is there any other way to monitor RAM leakage?

knute97, Jun 23, 2020
  3. RAM usage.

Sorry sir...but can you please answer the question that was asked? Is there a way to find out the Ram usage in a windows phone..

Shubhradeep Bhowmick, Jun 23, 2020
  4. knute97 Win User

Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

Task Manager RAM Usage

I did perform a clean boot and my RAM usage has been steady and below 70%, whereas previously I was topping out at 87%.

Now I am trying to find out what, if anything, I am missing. So far, everything is running that I use frequently.

A little worried about my McAfee antivirus programs running against Windows Defender. Any suggestion??

I also am curious what was causing the RAM leakage, but I guess I will have to reactivate programs incrementally.

knute97, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

1. Windows Defender questionable RAM usage - Similar Threads - Defender questionable RAM

2. Windows Defender questionable RAM usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender questionable RAM usage: So I decided to use built-in Windows Defender and Malwarebytes free as my second opinion scanner, I just would like to make sure that there's nothing wrong with these values of the Windows Defender RAM memory usage, it goes from 120-150MB when in idle mode, I have 16GB of...
  3. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM usage: Hi! I have a HP computer with 16 GB of RAM. It is running on more than 90%, and I dont know, what is using this much of memory. The task manager doesn't show what eats my ram. Can somebody help? Update: I closed the torrent programs, and the percentage fell below 30%...
  4. RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  5. Ram Usage

Ram Usage: I’ve had my pc for about 8 months now and ever since i got it, my ram usage gradually increases until it reaches 99% and then i have to restart because my computer gets so slow. I have 32Gb of DDR4 Ram so the amount of ram is not the issue. I’ve looked in the task manager and...
  6. Ram Usage

Ram Usage: Hey everyone, I have 12.0Gb installed into my PC but when I play games for example, Cod MW it only allows me to use 1900MB, which is equivalent to 1.9GB I believe. I was wondering if there is anyway possible that I can be able to use more of my ram for games....
  7. Ram Usage

Ram Usage: So i just had my computer for just over a month now but for the past week i seem to have this issue with my ram usage! When i restart my computer my ram is fine and its about 20% in usage but there are these thing called service hosts and they are many of them but the problem...
  8. ram usage

ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3
  9. RAM questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAM questions: Thank you once again! I will let it be as it is. I don't feel like tinkering in the BIOS any more. Everything is running smooth and fast (for me) right now. I agree. You already have the FSB overclocked, I would not engage with overclocking the memory as well. If you do OC...
  10. Question on RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question on RAM: I have a HP Pavilion G7 1268 us Notebook with 8 GB of RAM and am replacing it with a HP 15-f233wn Notebook. I would like to take 4GB of RAM from the G7 1268 and putting it in the 15-f233. I’m not sure if it will work. Thanks, Frank 70494