Windows 10: Windows Defender quick question

Discus and support Windows Defender quick question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I have a quick and simple question about Windows Defender services. When i go to services, Windows Advanced Threat Protection is set to Manual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/talonking22, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Windows Defender quick question

Hello.

I have a quick and simple question about Windows Defender services.

When i go to services, Windows Advanced Threat Protection is set to Manual instead of Automatic.

Everything is working well the Green Arrow at Windows Security is there and it says Virus and Threat protection (no action needed).

Now my question; Should the service be on Manual or Automatic? Because when i try to put it on Automatic it says

1- "Access Denied" OR

2- "the windows defender advanced threat protection service service on local computer started then stopped some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs"

Do you think this is normal situation or is this a problem?

submitted by /u/talonking22
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/talonking22, Mar 11, 2021
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Quick Scan question

I just did a quick scan on my computer, when it was done in notifications area got message: Windows Defender scanned your PC At 1:42:10 on 2/28/2017 and took action against malicious software, but the windows defender screen said: Scan completed no threats
    detected during this scan. There is nothing listed in the history either, what does this mean?

JeanAnneSchmidt, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender quick question

Windows Defender Quick Scan question

This is a “glitch” that has been cussed and discussed for several weeks in this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/wd-scanned-your-computer-and-took-action-against/34d3871b-4a7d-4e20-b28f-52b2de18fffe

From looking at this and other forums this latest WD "issue" is being reported by some users since before February 11th.

I suggest you ignore the message since MS will probably quietly fix whatever is causing this anomaly...WD seems to be working okay. If any malware was found it should be in “Quarantine” where the malware
    is harmless and it should also be listed under All Detected Items” in the WD program.

If you want to test WD, try the Eicar File: EICAR Test Virus

If you prefer to use an independent scanner to verify that your computer is not infected with malware suggest the Emsisoft Emergency Kit which is a free program: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Information on other independent scanners can be found at List
    of Malware Removal Tools
    if you prefer to run additional scans.

OR

I use WD and have no complaints regarding the program. Everything seems good. It’s autoupdating when it’s supposed to, I have had no malware issues and I’ve not seen this strange message. Again, I suggest you not
    be concerned about the message.

But - - - you may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender) so you’ll no longer be concerned with the various glitches that occasionally affect Windows Defender
    on Win 10.

If you want to use a different program there are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus
    Program

Is Windows
    Defender The Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

AV Poll 2015 - Security | DSLReports Forums

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender quick question

1. Windows Defender quick question - Similar Threads - Defender quick question

2. quick question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  3. quick question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quick question: On Windows 10, when installing updates there will come a time when you're forced to install them only options being sleep, install and restart, or install and shut down, and this comes within a month or 3 weeks but another way I can turn off my PC is if I press the power...
  4. quick question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Quick question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  6. Quick question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick question: I personally haven't had it happen to me, but I'm still asking anyways. Can video files on Windows 10 get corrupted with time and not play anymore? I have a Windows 10 and have a bunch of old videos.And if so, can you restore it without installing any apps?...
  7. quick windows question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    quick windows question: hello i was just wondering if there is a program out there or a widows feature already inside my windows 10 OS where you see your desktop as it is now, with all the folders and program icons and how you can move the icons around freely or within a grid pattern right? my...
  8. Quick question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick question: All the apps on my taskbar and desktop just randomly went white (changed to the paper looking thing) for a second then came back. Is this normal and has it happened to anyone else? submitted by /u/Gamingkiller99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Quick question..

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick question..: It seems for some reason that I can't expand the start menu horizontally. Vertical is fine but it's not moving in the horizontal direction past one column. Here's how I set it up: 1 Upgraded Win8.1 to 10240 with an ISO 2 Tried to add/mod the start menu and it just will...
  10. Quick Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Question: I have a strange question, however, I feel that this might help me from losing my mind. Does anyone on this forum live near New Orleans (north or south shore), Louisiana? I need some help fixing issues on my laptop. Thank you for your time! 72746