Windows 10: Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours

Discus and support Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I am running a Windows Defender Quick Scan on a desktop PC - 2 SSDs of 128 and 256 gb respectively, and 1tb HDD at ~75% capacity. Still, mods... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ColinZarzour, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours

Hello.

I am running a Windows Defender Quick Scan on a desktop PC - 2 SSDs of 128 and 256 gb respectively, and 1tb HDD at ~75% capacity.

Still, mods of other posts say a Quick Scan should be ~30minutes.

What is wrong here?

Thank you,

C

:)

ColinZarzour, Jul 2, 2019
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jul 2, 2019
  3. stdanNRH Win User
    Windows Defender Full Scan Followed By a Quick Scan

After converting to Windows Defender (Windows 10), the first full scan took 21+ hours for about 9 million items. I reset settings to have the PC never sleep when the PC is plugged in and subsequent scans take about 8.25 - 8.5 hours for the 9 million items.
    However, after completing the Full Scan, a Quick Scan starts immediately and automatically. Is this characteristic of Windows Defender Full Scans?

stdanNRH, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours

Windows Defender- Not seeing an automatic daily quick scan

Installed Windows 10 Anniversary update which included the new cloud version of Windows Defender and so far note that there does not seem to be automatic daily quick scan as in previous version. Last automatic scan was on 9/22 so did manual scan on 9/28
    & 9/30. Any suggestions?

[Original title: Windows Defender]

haroldhorowitz, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours

1. Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours - Similar Threads - Defender Quick Scan

2. Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan: I am not able to run the Quick Scan through Windows Defender. I donot have any third party Anivirus Software on my computer. When I tried to run the scan, it showing that "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item...
  3. Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point Taking Over An Hour?: I had to do a restore point for my laptop on Windows 10 and it's been doing that for over an hour. Currently, it's stuck on "System Restore is restoring the registry..." How long does this take?...
  4. I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.

I'm running a full scan and it's taking over 30 hours to complete.: I'm running a full virus scan and the more files it scans the higher the estimated completion time goes. It's now over 30 hours....
  5. Quick scan takes hours to complete

Quick scan takes hours to complete: What is going on with quick scan? I ran it yesterday and it took all day to run. Also is there a setting to run automatically. It is set to run real-time so is a scheduled scan unnecessary?...
  6. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...
  7. How accurate is quick scan on windows defender?

How accurate is quick scan on windows defender?: Can somebody who knows *or even* Works for windows defender? I could use a little inside how window defender scans and protects pc’s....
  8. Windows Defender takes forever to scan

Windows Defender takes forever to scan: Windows defender used to speed by, now it is slow as a snail. It got stuck 2x at a file. I had to cancel the scan and start all over. Now it is going but slow as can be, it has been scanning for 20 min and only half thru. anyone seeing this? 10464
  9. Update taking over an hour?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update taking over an hour?: Before I went to bed, I clicked to shut off my side computer (OS: Windows 10), and saw "Update and Shut down" as an option so I clicked that and went to bed. I woke up 8 hours later about 7pm, and I turned on my side computer and saw "Working on updates 0%". It has been over...
  10. "Working on it..." Message for over 18 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Working on it..." Message for over 18 hours: I am trying to upgrade through that icon on the toolbar. I don't really understand much else. The first time I clicked on Continue (I am guessing that was the download) it took over 8 hours to finish during which time I got the "Working on it..." Message on my desktop. I went...