Windows 10: Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Discus and support Windows Defender Realtime Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by adlanrazaqa, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help.

:)

adlanrazaqa, Feb 15, 2019

2. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Realtime Protection

When I do Windows Defender update, the realtime protection turns off. Why?

MichelleDraper, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Realtime Protection

See Troubleshoot Windows Defender Update Issues in
    Windows 10

But - - -

It sounds like you possibly have another security program installed or there may be
    remnants of such a program you previously used that are still on the computer and are interfering with Windows Defender.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software
    (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial version of McAfee or Norton) followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10
    Good information but ignore the ads.

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender) and you’ll no longer be concerned with the various issues that intermittently affect Windows Defender on Win 10.

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows
    10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Realtime Protection

1. Windows Defender Realtime Protection - Similar Threads - Defender Realtime Protection

2. I can not disable Realtime Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not disable Realtime Protection: Everytime i try to disable realtime protection it goes back to being on... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-disable-realtime-protection/2a3d5aac-719e-43a8-9a80-fdb5439b42f1
  3. I can not disable Realtime Protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not disable Realtime Protection: Everytime i try to disable realtime protection it goes back to being on... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-disable-realtime-protection/2a3d5aac-719e-43a8-9a80-fdb5439b42f1
  4. Realtime protection not working

Realtime protection not working: the windows defender is not working in my pc. The real time protection is turned off . And i have tried to turn it on but it is not working. what should i do?...
  5. Santivirus Realtime Protection Lite

Santivirus Realtime Protection Lite: I was out of town and my grandson got this on my computer. SAntivirus Realtime Protection Lite. After telling him not to download anything without my permission. What is the easiest way to get this out of my computer?...
  6. Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...

Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...: It all happen sudden, just yesterday it was working fine the only thing i think that caused this is a trojan from a usb drive but windows defender already quaraitine it and for some reason i cant delete it, then the day after the windows defender became unknown, windows...
  7. Segurazo realtime protection lite

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Segurazo realtime protection lite: Segurazo realtime protection lite got downloaded to my Cpu from ? and I have tried to uninstall but it just does not move. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/segurazo-realtime-protection-lite/fe77058d-528d-4152-a392-fbfad4eb3aae
  8. Windows defender realtime protection

Windows defender realtime protection: Activate realtime protection on windows defender an cloud delivered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-realtime-protection/4faf89dc-d0cb-4c6c-8d81-d1c513e4b8ab"
  9. Realtime protection will not turn on

Realtime protection will not turn on: Realtime protection on Defender will not turn on ' tried everything suggested ' my question is can I uninstall Defender and reinstall to fix' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/realtime-protection-will-not-turn-on/404a658c-df32-4143-b87b-a487087ab869
  10. About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall

About Realtime Protection or Windows Firewall: I have a question that I hope someone will be able to answer for me. I am running Windows 7. I would love to be on Windows 10 but I have an old laptop that I was able to get for $40 and I was happy to get it as I am on a totally restricted and pathetic budget. (Things will...