Windows 10: Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot

Discus and support Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I some how managed to get a trojan on my machine. This was detected 6/20/2021 around 1:25am Eastern time. I tried to get Windows Defender to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AUser008, Jun 24, 2021.

1. AUser008 Win User

Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot

Hello,I some how managed to get a trojan on my machine. This was detected 6/20/2021 around 1:25am Eastern time. I tried to get Windows Defender to handle it but in the history it says remediation is incomplete. Some say that it was abandoned, others say failed.Repeated scans do not show any new instances, I only find this in the history. When I run the offline scan the Virus & threat protection does not indicate that was run, just my last full scan.From the history it looks like this thing is all over the place from boot: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0I also tried MalwareByt

:)

AUser008, Jun 24, 2021
  2. loyall Win User

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

A manual scan by Malwarebytes identifies zero threats.

loyall, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Remediation Incomplete Message

Remediation Incomplete Message

I had a Trojan threat that indicated a virus was in Temporary files. I ran CCleaner to clear temporary files. I then checked Windows Security and it said my Virus and Threat Protection was ok. See screenshot.

Later, I rechecked Protection History and found the Remediation Incomplete message. See screenshot. I read that sometimes this message can appear after clearing a virus threat.

I ran CCleaner again and also Malwarebytes. I also did a Full scan on Windows Defender. In all scans they did not show I had any virus issues.

So, how should I treat the Remediation Incomplete message?

Thanks,
    Jerry

Windows 10

Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot [​IMG]

Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jun 24, 2021
  4. loyall Win User

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

I went to a website on Edge chromium. The was an audio message saying my computer was locked. It turned out it wasn't. I closed the browser, and opened Windows security. Two trojans were listed in protection history as severe - status:failed - remediation
    incomplete. A further scan by malware bytes revealed no threats. The two trojans were Skeeyah.A!rfn and FakeAlert!MSR

loyall, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Remediation Incomplete Trojan:Win32/Dex@hot - Similar Threads - Defender Remediation Incomplete

2. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  3. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  4. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Win32/Wacatac.B!ml remediation incomplete

Win32/Wacatac.B!ml remediation incomplete: I am having an issue solving a Trojan malware issue. I am currently on Windows 10.The Windows Security app found the problem and reported it, when I tried to solve it by deleting the file from Windows Security I got a report saying that the remediation was incomplete. The...
  6. Win32/Wacatac.B!ml remediation incomplete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/Wacatac.B!ml remediation incomplete: I am having an issue solving a Trojan malware issue. I am currently on Windows 10.The Windows Security app found the problem and reported it, when I tried to solve it by deleting the file from Windows Security I got a report saying that the remediation was incomplete. The...
  7. Win32/Wacatac.B!ml remediation incomplete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wacatac.B!ml Trojan and Win32/OpenCandy detected w Windows Defender remediation incomplete...

Wacatac.B!ml Trojan and Win32/OpenCandy detected w Windows Defender remediation incomplete...: I am running Windows 10. A Defender scan found both viruses, but indicated that remediation might be incomplete. When I clicked on Take Action, nothing happened. I ran MS Safety Scanner and it detected 16 infected files, but at the end of the scan, the report said no viruses...
  9. Trojan virus remediation incomplete

Trojan virus remediation incomplete: Hi,I have regularly been scanning my laptop with Windows Defender. Today I found a bar in the app saying "Trojan remediation incomplete". Last full scan scan was preformed on August 23rd and when it finished, the app hadn't informed me about the threat. In fact, the...
  10. Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??

Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??: Hi Folks, Just a query about "Protection History" in windows defender.Short story... I had to download a file - but the link was one of those adfly shortcut things. Whilst waiting for the timer the advert started to download a setup.exe. Windows defender came to the rescue...