Windows 10: Windows Defender: "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done?

Discus and support Windows Defender: "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got the following message for the first time today from my Windows 10 Pro 1909 system: [ATTACH] What does it mean, as opposed to "Threat removed or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JCW2, Sep 3, 2020.

1. JCW2 Win User

Windows Defender: "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done?

I got the following message for the first time today from my Windows 10 Pro 1909 system:

Windows Defender:  "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done? c2849148-33e4-473a-908a-8de0940c41bb?upload=true.jpg

What does it mean, as opposed to "Threat removed or restored," as seen previously for this driver.

The "threat" in question is not a Trojan but an experimental driver without a valid signature that I need to allow, and I've been able to do so in Windows Defender for a few weeks until now.

1 Did I do something wrong when I tried to allow and restore it this time?

2 What does "Status: Abandoned" mean?

3 How can I find out whether or not "this threat [has been] completely remediated?"

4 Is there any way to "erase" this event from Windows Defender's memory and start over?

Thanks in advance! -- JCW2

:)

JCW2, Sep 3, 2020
  2. loyall Win User

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

A manual scan by Malwarebytes identifies zero threats.

loyall, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Windows Defender remediation incomplete - Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Windows Defender not able to remove that virus. Plz help how to remove it.

I already run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner (64-bit)
    . But virus still in my pc

Now Defender shows remediation incomplete Severe

DeepakRawat_1, Sep 3, 2020
  4. loyall Win User

Windows Defender: "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done?

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

I went to a website on Edge chromium. The was an audio message saying my computer was locked. It turned out it wasn't. I closed the browser, and opened Windows security. Two trojans were listed in protection history as severe - status:failed - remediation
    incomplete. A further scan by malware bytes revealed no threats. The two trojans were Skeeyah.A!rfn and FakeAlert!MSR

loyall, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender: "Remediation incomplete" - What Does it Mean, and What Should be Done? - Similar Threads - Defender Remediation incomplete

2. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  3. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  4. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??

Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??: Hi Folks, Just a query about "Protection History" in windows defender.Short story... I had to download a file - but the link was one of those adfly shortcut things. Whilst waiting for the timer the advert started to download a setup.exe. Windows defender came to the rescue...
  6. What does this mean? Should I do it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean? Should I do it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/glob_ial1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilwlc3/what_does_this_mean_should_i_do_it/
  7. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: On another Thread - Remediation Incomplete message is discussed and the 'solution' is to not worry about it - it is just 'history'. While that in itself maybe true, the icon on the systray shows the red X saying something is bad. Not having a way to clear this is poor...
  8. What does this mean? Should I be concerned?

What does this mean? Should I be concerned?: [ATTACH] I don't know what it means or why it's there or what it does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean-should-i-be-concerned/b8fa8fda-38b8-412e-9328-a4889bde2514
  9. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: [ATTACH] I just got a notification about this virus. It said the level is severe. Because I didn't know what to do, I click allow. As you can see, there is a warning in the picture. So, what should I do now? Please, help me....
  10. What to do if Remediation Incomplete Displayed?

What to do if Remediation Incomplete Displayed?: What do I do when the message Remediation incomplete comes up after a deep scan ? [Original Title: Viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-to-do-if-remediation-incomplete-displayed/2ada0d34-6891-4f36-ba86-6f74184dd7cb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender remediation incomplete

2. Remediation incomplete win defender