Windows 10: Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats...

Discus and support Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not removing 3 threats on my computer.. when windows defender is done scanning the remove... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LindaS7, Nov 24, 2020.

1. LindaS7 Win User

Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats...

Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not removing 3 threats on my computer.. when windows defender is done scanning the remove button can not be selected so as to remove the threats found in the C Drive.. can anyone help??

:)

LindaS7, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats...

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

Hi lelouch.lamperouge,

Sorry if that didn't work.

Is the threat listed on your Quarantined Items? If yes, please try the following.

1: Open Windows Defender Security Center from the system tray area.

2: Click “Virus & threat protection”.

3: Open Protection History.

4: Click filters, select ‘Quarantined Items’

5: Select the threat and click Remove.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

Paul Navera, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats...

1. Windows Defender REMOVE control button is grayed out and not allowing removal of 3 threats... - Similar Threads - Defender REMOVE control

2. Defender wont remove the threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender wont remove the threats: Microsoft Defender shows that there is one virus, but all other Antivirus Softwares show that it is clean and only Defender cannot remove this virus from the list.By the way, I have already removed this virus with Malwarebytes, but for some reason it is still there in...
  3. windows defender not removing threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender not removing threat: today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still...
  4. I figured out how to remove allowed threats and exclusion from windows defender that was...

I figured out how to remove allowed threats and exclusion from windows defender that was...: Hello, I am BCA Student.Firstly, I tell This problem came throuh virus attack on your pc. Virus Automatic Create Files on Registry thats not allowed you to changes their Some Microsft Defender Features.So, If You Not remove All viruses from your computer then firstly do this...
  5. Can't remove allowed threats from window defender

Can't remove allowed threats from window defender: Hello, I'm trying to delete allowed threats from windows defender. I don't remember when I allowed them, but I can't remove them because when I click Don't allow and then refresh the page, I see them repeatedly. I also tried to make f full scan, but it shows nothing.What I...
  6. impossible remove threat from windows defender "allowed threats"

impossible remove threat from windows defender "allowed threats": Windows defender notify me threat, but when i try to remove, the threat was moved in permitted threats and when i try to not allow end remove, uac ask me to proceed but the threat wasn't remove. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Windows defender allowed threats reappearing in allowed section, greyed out remove button...

Windows defender allowed threats reappearing in allowed section, greyed out remove button...: Hello, An ugly virus added exclusions in Windows Defender both in allowed threats and folder exclusions sections. After deleting the specific folders and exclusions from regedit, they still appear in Windows defender, with a greyed out, inactive, remove button. Furthermore,...
  8. Windows defender does not offer remove threat button

Windows defender does not offer remove threat button: why there only allow on device option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-offer-remove-threat/9a2c4b1b-0a75-4ff2-8895-c5267ac08a82
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  10. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...