Windows 10: Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans

Discus and support Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop running Windows 10 has been giving me repeated threat warnings for the last few days. This started after I bought a new computer and signed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mander, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Mander Win User

Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans

My laptop running Windows 10 has been giving me repeated threat warnings for the last few days. This started after I bought a new computer and signed it in to the home wifi network, but I have not directly connected the two computers.I get a notification from Windows Security that there are threats found. I then go through the "current threats", select an action, and tell it to run. Windows Defender does its thing, then says there are no threats, but then at some point the same warning start popping up again. I have fun a full scan multiple times and run Microsoft Safety Scanner a couple of ti

:)

Mander, Dec 5, 2023

2. Windows defender Trojan repeated warning

Every time I restart my computer I get a new threats found alert from windows defender. Scan history in Windows Defender Security Center shows in Quarantined threats "Trojan:JS/Runas Severe". This presents the option to Restore or Remove. I selected
    Remove, but next time I restart I get the same warning. If I look at the details in Windows Defender Security Center I see "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack." Affected items is listed as a file in C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\[6
    letter code]\deploy[1].xml. The folder C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache does not exist on my computer so I am unable to look deeper into this. The 6 letter code is different for each warning. How do I remove this threat/problem
    permanently so that it does not give a warning each time I restart.

David Tarboton, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Windows defender Trojan repeated warning

I have not yet tried independent scanners or the removal guide from the first post.

I am not sure how or what a good way to access the file is to submit to virustool.

The location for affected items listed by Windows Defender Security Center C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\[6 letter code]\deploy[1].xml does not exist. Presumably this is because Windows Defender quarantined this. I
    presumably would need to restore this to get the file back but I am reluctant to restore something Windows Defender identifies as a threat (for obvious cautionary reasons).

The malware removal guide has an overwhelming amount of information and requires downloading, installing, accepting security warnings etc for 3rd party software that I am not familiar with so I am proceeding cautiously and incrementally and trying not to
    make getting rid of a once per restart annoying message a too time consuming project. I am scanning with Malwarebytes now as a step in this process.

David Tarboton, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender Trojan repeated warning

I don’t think you copied down the correct name of the malware.

But - suggest you see the following…

Since you are seeing repeat detections, the malware may be in your temporary internet files.

Try emptying temporary internet files, restarting the computer, manually updating Windows Defender and running a Quick Scan.

Any new browser extensions that need to be removed/disabled?

For issues with Google Chrome see How to stop unwanted pop-ups or homepage changes in Chrome,
    and How to reset Google Chrome settings. You may want to use Remove unwanted ads, pop-ups & malware - Computer - Google Chrome Help

You may need to reset your browsers.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-internet-explorer-settings/

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-chrome-settings/

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/reset-firefox-settings/

http://www.howtogeek.com/237527/how-to-reset-microsoft-edge-in-windows-10/

If your issue continues try the following free scanners:

AdwCleaner: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/

Emsisoft Emergency Kit: Как обнаружить и удалить угрозы с помощью Emsisoft Emergency Kit

Other scanners that may resolve this issue are listed in List
    of Malware Removal Tools

If needed the following removal guide is excellent:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans - Similar Threads - Defender repeated threat

2. Getting repeated threat warnings on Windows 11 on a Dell 8950 desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting repeated threat warnings on Windows 11 on a Dell 8950 desktop: I'm seeing fairly frequent threat warnings 37 so far this year "We have found a threat on this device". When I choose 'Manage in Windows Security' I get - No current threatsLast scan today0 threats foundHow can I investigate what's causing this?...
  3. Getting repeated threat warnings on Windows 11 on a Dell 8950 desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting repeated threat warnings on Windows 11 on a Dell 8950 desktop: I'm seeing fairly frequent threat warnings 37 so far this year "We have found a threat on this device". When I choose 'Manage in Windows Security' I get - No current threatsLast scan today0 threats foundHow can I investigate what's causing this?...
  4. Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans: My laptop running Windows 10 has been giving me repeated threat warnings for the last few days. This started after I bought a new computer and signed it in to the home wifi network, but I have not directly connected the two computers.I get a notification from Windows Security...
  5. Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender repeated threat warnings despite repeated scans: My laptop running Windows 10 has been giving me repeated threat warnings for the last few days. This started after I bought a new computer and signed it in to the home wifi network, but I have not directly connected the two computers.I get a notification from Windows Security...
  6. windows defender is hanging repeatedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender is hanging repeatedly: windows 11 enterprise, version 22H2sfc, dism, chkdsk are cleandefender event log shows event 1001 long before I shutdown the machine with defender stuck but while it was runningput the computer to sleep is set to neverpower plan is set to balanced restored from power by...
  7. Repeated notification of a threat.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Repeated notification of a threat.: I have scanned my computer a hundred times but a threat named PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms is again and again popping up and a message regarding this and App:MEMUSetup is popping there to remove this threat. I even ran a Microsoft Security Scan there also I couldn't find any...
  8. Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly

Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly: Since the implementation of W10 V2004, Windows Defender has now been defaulted to identify PUPS as a threat. As a result, many are now made aware of their presence. And they are "remediated", on the spot, to prevent them from causing any mischief. The problem occurs on...
  9. Windows Defender Crashes Repeatedly

Windows Defender Crashes Repeatedly: Hi, So I have Kali Linux iso file which I use in VMWare and after I ran a Full Scan using Windows Defender, it flagged almost everything in that kali iso and now whenever I open the defender it crashes. I deleted the iso file and it is still not working. I have a Windows...
  10. Windows defender threat warning

Windows defender threat warning: I am getting a Windows Defender threat warning saying BrowserModifier:Win32/Polted. It will not remove nor quarantine. In addition the warning does not come on with every restart. At a loss as to what is the problem.