Windows 10: Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Discus and support Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello microsoft team, Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArnabPati, Sep 17, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

1. ArnabPati Win User

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Hello microsoft team,

Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same threat everytime. I even deleted the infected file after going in the location in the threat details. But still, it shows the same threat over and over. Please help me

:)

2. Defender finds a threat but doesn't take action

I ran a full scan and defender seems to have found a threat but when I say to fix it, it runs forever saying it is "taking action on the threats". When I select "See threat results" it shows no threats. Did it or not find a threat?

RobertBennett1, Sep 17, 2020 at 12:03 AM
  3. Zackary Win User
    Windows Defender keeps taking action on nonexistent threats on nonexistent scans

I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 3541) running Windows 10 v1803. Recently, I have been getting notifications from Windows Defender saying threats were found and removed on scnas that didn't happen.

Some of the notifications are:

and

When I go to Windows Defender, it doesn't show any threats found - nor does it even show a recent scan. For example, I got one of the above notifications today, and this is what Windows Defender showed.

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action qUClB.png

I tried running a scan, but the ETA was 4 hours, then 20, then 70, and still kept going up.

Is there a way I can find out what the "threats" are? Or make it stop sending these unnecessary notifications?

4. David S. Win User

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Windows Defender found one threat, but won't allow me to take action

My Windows 10 x64 pro is up to date, at build 1809. Every once a while, the defender program will notify me that it has found a threat. But it does not say what exactly is the threat, nor does it allow me to take any action. In addition, the threat history shows empty list.

Virus threat protection

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action UWsSW.png

Threat History

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action cZ7zq.png

Full threat history

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action 5oJoZ.png

Thema:

1. Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action - Similar Threads - defender repeatedly shows

2. take actions windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    take actions windows defender: So i had this threat that said it affected my desktop i ran a test on windows defender and found the threat i keep on clicking take actions but it doesn't do anything, however i did a test with malwarebytes and the threat got removed but windows defender is still saying that...
  3. Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly

Windows Defender Identifies The SAME PUP As A Threat Repeatedly: Since the implementation of W10 V2004, Windows Defender has now been defaulted to identify PUPS as a threat. As a result, many are now made aware of their presence. And they are "remediated", on the spot, to prevent them from causing any mischief. The problem occurs on...
  4. 100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk usage over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...: It happens over and over and over and over. I do everything you folks tell me, and everything else I find on the internet. It still happens over and over and over and over and over. You can't fix it on your end OR tell us a fix? Who do we ask, if not the people who make the...
  5. Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats

Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats: After running a full scan, some threats were reported. "Taking action" has now been in progress for several hours. Is this normal? How long can it take? what happens if I terminate it by closing the window?...
  6. SAME PROBLEM OVER AND OVER. CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAME PROBLEM OVER AND OVER. CAN'T CONNECT TO SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!: This is getting tiring. Can't connect to server!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-problem-over-and-over-cant-connect-to-server/26e07537-3d75-44ab-8c88-8151ac9da44c
  7. Windows Defender is to over protective

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender is to over protective: Hi there. I have problem in my laptop. Windows Defender considers my application to be a virus. For example, when I open the Steam, a warning sign always appears with a code 0xc0000005. So, if I want to open the application I have to add that apllication to Exclusions in...
  8. Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours

Windows Defender Quick Scan taking over 18.9 hours: Hello. I am running a Windows Defender Quick Scan on a desktop PC - 2 SSDs of 128 and 256 gb respectively, and 1tb HDD at ~75% capacity. Still, mods of other posts say a Quick Scan should be ~30minutes. What is wrong here? Thank you, C...
  9. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...
  10. People app have the same update over and over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People app have the same update over and over: I keep having the People app have the same update over and over. I open the Store, go to Downloads, Check for Updates, and it says the People app has an update. It downloads, installs, and says Completed. If I check again, or close the Store, reboot, or anything, and check...