Windows 10: Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Discus and support Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello microsoft team, Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArnabPati, Sep 17, 2020.

1. ArnabPati Win User

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Hello microsoft team,

Recently windows defender detected Trojan:Win32/Access!rfn on my PC. After I clicked on Start Action, it is notifying the same threat everytime. I even deleted the infected file after going in the location in the threat details. But still, it shows the same threat over and over. Please help me

:)

ArnabPati, Sep 17, 2020

2. Defender finds a threat but doesn't take action

I ran a full scan and defender seems to have found a threat but when I say to fix it, it runs forever saying it is "taking action on the threats". When I select "See threat results" it shows no threats. Did it or not find a threat?

RobertBennett1, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Zackary Win User
    Windows Defender keeps taking action on nonexistent threats on nonexistent scans

I have a laptop (Dell Inspiron 3541) running Windows 10 v1803. Recently, I have been getting notifications from Windows Defender saying threats were found and removed on scnas that didn't happen.

Some of the notifications are:

and

When I go to Windows Defender, it doesn't show any threats found - nor does it even show a recent scan. For example, I got one of the above notifications today, and this is what Windows Defender showed.

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action qUClB.png

I tried running a scan, but the ETA was 4 hours, then 20, then 70, and still kept going up.

Is there a way I can find out what the "threats" are? Or make it stop sending these unnecessary notifications?

Zackary, Sep 17, 2020
  4. David S. Win User

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action

Windows Defender found one threat, but won't allow me to take action

My Windows 10 x64 pro is up to date, at build 1809. Every once a while, the defender program will notify me that it has found a threat. But it does not say what exactly is the threat, nor does it allow me to take any action. In addition, the threat history shows empty list.

Virus threat protection

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action UWsSW.png

Threat History

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action cZ7zq.png

Full threat history

Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action 5oJoZ.png

David S., Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows defender repeatedly shows the same threat over and over after taking action - Similar Threads - defender repeatedly shows

2. Windows Defender keeps identifying and removing this threat over and over: Exploit:JS/Blacole.A

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps identifying and removing this threat over and over: Exploit:JS/Blacole.A: Every few minutes this gets flagged, Windows Defender removes it and then it comes back again.It says:AFFECTED ITEMS:file: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Packages\AppleInc.iCloud_nzyj5cx40ttqa\LocalCache\Local\Apple...
  3. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  4. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  5. Solved: Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus repeatedly updates over and over and over, repeatedly: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 1.375.1243.0 repeatedly downloads and installs. It goes to 100% again and again and again and again and again. It never stops.The Windows Update Troubleshooter has been trying to analyse the problem for a while. Meanwhile, Windows...
  7. Lockscreen slideshow shows same pictures over and over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen slideshow shows same pictures over and over: Ever since I had Windows 11 installed on this computer, the slideshow for my lock screen shows the same pictures over and over. I used the pictures from my Pictures folder as well as the Pictures folder from my OneDrive. It says they are available on my device, so I would...
  8. Lockscreen slideshow shows same pictures over and over

Lockscreen slideshow shows same pictures over and over: Ever since I had Windows 11 installed on this computer, the slideshow for my lock screen shows the same pictures over and over. I used the pictures from my Pictures folder as well as the Pictures folder from my OneDrive. It says they are available on my device, so I would...
  9. Windows Defender keeps identifying and removing this threat over and over:...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender keeps identifying and removing this threat over and over:...: Every few minutes this gets flagged, Windows Defender quarantines it and then it comes back again. It says: AFFECTED ITEMS: file: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Apple Inc\CloudKit\iCloudDrive\MMCS\tmpm-0x0000000000000001 and file:...
  10. Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same failed update messages keep repeating over and over again: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home edtion on my computer. Every day ( or every other day ) I keep getting the following messages (in RED color) during the Windows update process. There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing...