Windows 10: Windows Defender requesting Windows update

Discus and support Windows Defender requesting Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have not updated to the latest version of Windows 10 as i have and ASUS motherboard which wont allow it. I have therefore stopped Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richardSA_999, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Windows Defender requesting Windows update

I have not updated to the latest version of Windows 10 as i have and ASUS motherboard which wont allow it. I have therefore stopped Windows Update trying to update Windows 10. Windows defender is asking me to fix an issue in Updates which has the following error message "Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:" when I click on the "Check for Updates button" not a lot happens. Am I stuck with this request from Defender, as I cannot update Windows 10, or is there a way of removing it?

:)

richardSA_999, Feb 25, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    Let your Windows 8 Defender update itself automatically.

P4-630, Feb 25, 2019
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

Installing major updates like the April update will reset pretty much all Windows features including Windows Defender.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 25, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Windows Defender requesting Windows update

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender requesting Windows update

1. Windows Defender requesting Windows update - Similar Threads - Defender requesting update

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Feature Request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Feature Request: Today I Wanted to Request A Feature In Windows Defender To Add Web Protection I Know This Is Already in MS Edge But I Would Like To See It Where It Blocks Dangerous Websites In Any Browser For Free And the ability to Exclude Pages....
  3. Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!

Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!: I received this email today from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** saying: Dear Customer, We Thank you on the Completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection Plan with 24/7 technical support We have charged you $150 for the 12 months of...
  4. Windows Defender Updates?

Windows Defender Updates?: Hey all, I was just wondering if I postpone my Win 10 updates for a few weeks, will my Windows Defender still get it's virus updates or do they get them thru the Win 10 Update? Thanks in advance 146117
  5. Windows Defender updating

Windows Defender updating: How to get Windows Defender to automatically do updates ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-updating/7c0c478e-6e0a-4530-8a79-2ee7f7190ad4
  6. windows update and windows defender not updating

windows update and windows defender not updating: i had recently posted about this and i used troubleshoot and it solved it but when i try updating again it doesn't do anything then i try troubleshoot and it fixes something and it seems i need to keep doing this but now my updating are doing anything at all, could this be a...
  7. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  8. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  9. Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?

Windows Updates and Windows Defender updates?: Is there a policy setting in Group Policy where I can set Windows Defender to update its malware definitions automatically without relying on the use of Windows Updates? I set Windows Updates to Notify for Download but the thing is, that Windows Defender updates keeps...
  10. DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan

DEFENDER keeps requesting update and Scan: Installed WIN 10 on two pc's. Upgraded from WIN8.1 on both. Both were running MSE. MSE is replaced by DEFENDER. On either or both, notifications constantly request I run DEFENDER. Which requires me to manually update virus definitions and run a scan. I thought...