Windows 10: Windows Defender Research

Discus and support Windows Defender Research in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; FYI I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stitch194, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Stitch194 Win User

Windows Defender Research

FYI
    I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own conclusions.

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mic...ses-new-risks/

:)

Stitch194, Aug 10, 2018

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 10, 2018
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 10, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Research

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Research

1. Windows Defender Research - Similar Threads - Defender Research

2. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  3. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....: Since I was upgraded to 22H2, my computer has been freezing at random intervals, including when I stream. I finally turned off the firewall and real-time protection, plus tamper protection and found that my PC no longer froze. I have further isolated the issue to the...
  4. Windows Defender freezes my PC at random times. When I disable it, it turns itself back on....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  6. Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender crashes my PC on full scan Win11: Hello, I am encountering an issue whereby Windows Defender crashes my computer when doing a full scan. I can do multiple quick scans without issue.I have never had any other defender / antivirus on my computer, no drivers errors.I have a DMP file, but not sure how I can...
  7. Windows defender icon missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  8. Windows defender icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender icon missing: The windows defender icon which well as far as i remember is always there in the show hidden icons tab but now it isnt i remember turning off smth called show defender icon in task manager from startup when i went to check it wasnt there except that everthing is working top...
  9. Windows Defender Provides Powerful Protection Against Malwares According to Recent Research

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Provides Powerful Protection Against Malwares According to Recent Research: There are many discussions that whether Windows Defender is doing a good job in protecting you against malwares or it is just a basic protection and you will need to purchase another Anti-Malware product? Everyone has right to select whatever Anti-Malware they wish to use for...
  10. Windows Defender Research

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Research: FYI I may be over reacting, but, I uninstalled "No Coin" app after reading the MS Defender Research article. I'll let you folks draw your own conclusions. https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/mic...ses-new-risks/ 115709