Windows 10: Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop

Discus and support Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Up until a month ago, never had a problem running a full scan. After last big update when I open WD and select "Run New Advanced Scan" it crashes To... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bmurray716, May 21, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop

Up until a month ago, never had a problem running a full scan. After last big update when I open WD and select "Run New Advanced Scan" it crashes To desktop. I can run quick scan no problem.

Windows 10 64-bit on desktop computer.

I've run sfc /scannow with no issues detected.

Similar to this thread Windows Defender Anti-Virus Options disappears [CU/ 1703]

But I'm not running another antivirus program.

In my event viewer I have the error: "unable to start a dcom server"
    happened while starting this command C:\\FileCoAuth.exe - Embedding

I also ran windows safety scanner and nothing found. Any ideas?

:)

bmurray716, May 21, 2018
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, May 22, 2018
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop

1. Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop - Similar Threads - Defender Run Advanced

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  3. Windows defender running unwanted scans

Windows defender running unwanted scans: So I scheduled all of my scans for windows defender, as far as I can tell, to happen when my laptop is plugged in at night and when I am not using it. However, despite my best efforts to stop them, it runs scans all of the time during the middle of the day, managing to take...
  4. Problem running scan in Windows Defender

Problem running scan in Windows Defender: I an unable to run a scan. It gets to 50000+ approx3.5 mins in then freezes. Why? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-running-scan-in-windows-defender/b4c29982-6e4a-4398-8fc7-daac3e00542d
  5. Unable to run a scan in Windows Defender

Unable to run a scan in Windows Defender: Can't run a scan with Windows Defender. [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-run-a-scan-in-windows-defender/5fde0ef4-04cb-4722-b119-c85418aca47c
  6. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  7. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut: If I access Windows Defender from the system tray icon and try to run an advanced scan, it will not run. Nothing happens. I don't know why. I've searched for answers but nothing works. Quick Scan is ok. So I found these handy shortcuts for Windows Defender Full scans, but...
  8. Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload

Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload: I routinely do Windows defender advanced scans. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that is. All of a sudden the scan was completely maxing out my cpu. I wouldn't say it crashed the computer, but if I tried to do the simplest task while it was running, it rendered the machine...
  9. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...
  10. Windows Defender crashes when i click ''Run a new advanced scan''

Windows Defender crashes when i click ''Run a new advanced scan'': it freezes when i press the button, so i cannot do things like full scan. fast scan works fine though. how can i fix this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run a new advanced scan

2. run new advanced scan

3. run a new advance scan

4. windows run advanced scan closes,
  5. windows defender new advanced version wont run,
  6. defender closes when run new advanced scan,
  7. run a new advanced scan windows defender problem,
  8. run advanced scan crash