Windows 10: Windows Defender Running Error

Discus and support Windows Defender Running Error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I bought a computer a few weeks ago. It is running Windows 10 home in S mode. I just found the following error in the Event log. It is about a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by N Y from New York, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Running Error

I bought a computer a few weeks ago. It is running Windows 10 home in S mode. I just found the following error in the Event log. It is about a Windows Defender error. Can anyone tell me if anything wrong with my machine. Has my machine been affected by any virus/malware?

Thank you very much for your help.

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender
    Date: 7/25/2019 11:36:11 PM
    Event ID: 5007
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: BPB5P5KLFCKU1
    Description:
    Windows Defender Antivirus Configuration has changed. If this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.
    Old value: Default\ManagedDefenderProductType = 0x0
    New value: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\ManagedDefenderProductType = 0x0
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender" Guid="{11cd958a-c507-4ef3-b3f2-5fd9dfbd2c78}" />
    <EventID>5007</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-07-26T03:36:11.764857000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4144" ThreadID="4716" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>BPB5P5KLFCKU1</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Product Name">%%827</Data>
    <Data Name="Product Version">4.18.1807.18075</Data>
    <Data Name="Old Value">Default\ManagedDefenderProductType = 0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="New Value">HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\ManagedDefenderProductType = 0x0</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

:)

N Y from New York, Aug 16, 2019
  2. Kim Tiw Win User

windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Running Error

windows defender

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you get any error message.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Make the “Windows defender Service” startup type to “Automatic”.

• Press “Windows key + R” from keyboard.
    • Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit enter.
    • Search for “Windows Defender Service”.
    • Make “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer and then check how it works.

Method 2: Run a SFC (System File Checker) Scan by following the steps provided below.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Also, would like to inform that if other antivirus is running in the computer, Windows Defender will be disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Running Error

1. Windows Defender Running Error - Similar Threads - Defender Running Error

2. Windows Defender not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not running: I did a few searches of how I can turn on Windows Defender, and nothing seems quite right, so here we go. I can find Windows Security options in my Settings folder, and see where WinDef is turned off. However, when I try to turn it on, it says that I need to go to the...
  3. How to run Windows Defender?

How to run Windows Defender?: how do i get win defender after reinstalling windows 8.1 [Original Title: win defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-run-windows-defender/c26cc34e-586f-4250-97a7-d62f3c4cc063
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT RUNNING?

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT RUNNING?: [ATTACH]When I open Windows Defender, only thisrefer to image shows. No Interface. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-running/d7c808fb-2889-49f1-bca4-51741aa532bb
  5. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  6. Windows defender not running

Windows defender not running: Hello, my windows defender does not run at all, I saw a thread in the forum about this, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-the-entire-security-system-in/01aef7c5-41b9-4264-86b3-4c257fdfdbff, I tired all the steps here but nothing has...
  7. Windows Defender not running.

Windows Defender not running.: Windows Defender will not run. I click on restart, it goes to green for about 2 seconds then switches back to Red. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-running/a57e02ed-6661-45f9-9142-a5a6320c964a"
  8. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...
  9. Windows defender will not run

Windows defender will not run: I can not get windows defender to run. I stopped it when I first set up this computer and put on another antivirus program. Now I get messages that I have no firewall. I have removed the aftermarket virus program and I stall cannot make it run....
  10. Can NOT run Windows Defender

Can NOT run Windows Defender: I have been trying to run Windows Defender as my antivirus. After doing a search in my browser, I was instructed to search in Windows using "Windows Defender" and Select "Windows Defender". That should open up something that looks like MSE used to look. That does NOT...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 offline defender event 5007

2. defender offline scan 5007 isrunning

3. windows defender antivirus configuration has changed. if this is an unexpected event you should review the settings as this may be the result of malware.