Windows 10: Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

Discus and support Windows Defender running scan during active computer use in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AllanMay, May 9, 2020.

1. AllanMay Win User

Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a major problem as I am the host of the meeting. All participants are effected due to my computer slow down. As soon as the scan is done the computer returns to normal and the Zoom meeting works correctly again. I have verified all the settings for scanning and that the option to not run during active computer use is enabled. Is there any way to ensure that scanning will not run when the computer is in use? Or is there a method to manually disable scanning before a Zoom meeting?

:)

AllanMay, May 9, 2020

2. How do I get Windows Defender to run a daily scan?

Hi Bill,

To run the Windows Defender automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps on this link:

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender.

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 9, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Defender not Running Regular Scan

I've never understood the need some people feel to set up a scheduled task to run a Defender scan. For the past year the automatic maintenance has run Defender scans for me.

That is, until the Anniversary Upgrade - it broke something and Defender never ran another scan. It finally alerted me that a scan was long overdue. I followed the suggestion on another thread...
    Windows Defender No Longer Performs AutoScan
    ...and the automatic maintenance scans are back to running regularly again.

Bree, May 9, 2020
  4. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

1. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use - Similar Threads - Defender running scan

2. Windows defender running unwanted scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender running unwanted scans: So I scheduled all of my scans for windows defender, as far as I can tell, to happen when my laptop is plugged in at night and when I am not using it. However, despite my best efforts to stop them, it runs scans all of the time during the middle of the day, managing to take...
  3. Unable to run a scan in Windows Defender

Unable to run a scan in Windows Defender: Can't run a scan with Windows Defender. [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-run-a-scan-in-windows-defender/5fde0ef4-04cb-4722-b119-c85418aca47c
  4. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  5. Windows Defender running scan during active computer use

Windows Defender running scan during active computer use: Windows 10 Pro with must current updates available. During use of the computer Windows Defender Antimalware Service Executable begins scanning and uses an exceptional amount of resources. Using the computer becomes very slow. And Zoom meetings become very jittery which is a...
  6. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan"

Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan": I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings." To make this clear: I don't have ANY exclusions, and as far as I'm aware, I haven't changed my network protection settings in the past....
  7. Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming: Happens all the time and even pops up in the corner above my game. How can I prevent it from scanning while playing? You'd think it would automatically prevent it when you have "game mode" on, but no. submitted by /u/poppelicious [link] [comments]...
  8. Block during Windows Defender offline Scan

Block during Windows Defender offline Scan: I ran a Windows Defenders offline scan. I received this error message for a block during the scan. What if anything should I do about this? Thank you for your time. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  9. Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?: The following weird thing happened: I requested a Windows Defender Offline Scan. After reboot, it took a pretty long time (like several minutes) to boot up, but eventually it started scanning. But then, roughly around 93%, the scanning window suddenly disappeared and in a...
  10. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...