Windows 10: Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

Discus and support Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Esodlol, May 6, 2022.

1. Esodlol Win User

Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user passwords""Password stealing program"And now Windows has delete my vmdk File and my VM Disk is deletet.Thanks Microsoft you are so great!!11Win 10 Pro - 21H2 19044.1645

:)

Esodlol, May 6, 2022
  2. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, May 6, 2022
  3. lvgandhi Win User
    Defender sees powershell file as virus

I had been using powershell script attached with this for quite a long time. Now windows security is deleting that file as virus. Any suggestion what it finds as security threat?
    When I try to exclude that file I get msg as below

Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus [​IMG]

lvgandhi, May 6, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, May 6, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus - Similar Threads - Defender own vmdk

2. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus: My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user passwords""Password stealing program"And now Windows has delete my vmdk File and my VM Disk is deletet.Thanks Microsoft you are so...
  3. Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender say my own .vmdk file is a virus: My self-created .vmdk file from VMWare was classified as dangerous by Windows Defender today."This program is dangerous. It records user passwords""Password stealing program"And now Windows has delete my vmdk File and my VM Disk is deletet.Thanks Microsoft you are so...
  4. Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore: Hello everyone I have installed windows 11 enterprise version on my workstation, and I have noticed that the option to mount .vmdk files with file explorer is missing from the right-click options.Does anyone know if there is an update from Microsoft about this? Has this...
  5. Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 , mount .vmdk with File explore: Hello everyone I have installed windows 11 enterprise version on my workstation, and I have noticed that the option to mount .vmdk files with file explorer is missing from the right-click options.Does anyone know if there is an update from Microsoft about this? Has this...
  6. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  7. Can a .vmdk file give you a virus

Can a .vmdk file give you a virus: I am looking to make a youtube video on how to install macos x on a virtual machine. I have a download link but before i download anything I would like to know if a .vmdk file could give my actual pc a virus or just in the virtual machine. Can it give me a virus...
  8. Window defender says my code is a virus.

Window defender says my code is a virus.: #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-says-my-code-is-a-virus/52c9e2da-5b3f-40e5-9ec5-1464c2b7533e
  9. Window defender says my code contains a virus.

Window defender says my code contains a virus.: #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-says-my-code-contains-a-virus/52c9e2da-5b3f-40e5-9ec5-1464c2b7533e
  10. Windows defender saying that my program is a virus

Windows defender saying that my program is a virus: Hi, i want to publish my program to friends or more and for they will can download the program they need to turn off windows defender how can i remove this or do code or something that will download like a regular prgoram....