Windows 10: Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

Discus and support Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I don't know when this really started but it began in 2020 I think. Whenever I download a file from the internet whether its custom content for my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MariesBored, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

So, I don't know when this really started but it began in 2020 I think. Whenever I download a file from the internet whether its custom content for my games or images my laptop windows defender scans and automatically says everything is a virus and deletes it. I purchased a antivirus Norton but I can't even download the proper one because of the fact I am unable to download anything. I never use to have this problem before, I've asked many windows experts to help but they haven't been able to give me a proper solution and I really don't want to have to buy another laptop.

:)

MariesBored, Apr 19, 2020
  2. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

I am on Windows 8, and control panel security says Windows Defender is my anti virus and firewall.

Phusius, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 19, 2020
  4. FredDryg Win User

Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

Defender: Can't download software. File recognized as a virus.

This has been the most exasperating experience I have had since I started windows ten. I have not asked to use "OUTLOOK" but it keep's interjecting it into any interface I have with Microsoft.

I can't even replace Windows Defender.

When I consider the difficulty of administrating "Defender" it makes the case for buying another Protection Software system. I have worked with PC's since DOS in 19xx. I live on Microsoft Office.

DEFENDER won't even let me remove it. I have to understand the intricacy of identifying myself as the Administrator of my PC.

A step by step list of how to replace Defender would be appreciated.

Fred

FredDryg, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus

1. Windows Defender says everything I download is a virus - Similar Threads - Defender says everything

2. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus: hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the first time and lately I havent been able to download anything from the internet, even though I know it's a completly safe...
  3. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus: hello, I am currently trying to download visual studio, but when I try to download it. it cancels and tells me a virus is detected.this is not the first time and lately I havent been able to download anything from the internet, even though I know it's a completly safe...
  4. keeps saying everything im trying to download is a virus

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Everything I download gives me a virus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Everything I download gives me a virus: Basically I was having this issue where google would randomly change to bing due to a virus, I installed malawarebytes and that fixed it. However, now whenever I install ANY files, the browser changs again either during the same day ora fter a day or two. Even a simple png...
  6. Everything I download gives me a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything I download gives me a virus: Basically I was having this issue where google would randomly change to bing due to a virus, I installed malawarebytes and that fixed it. However, now whenever I install ANY files, the browser changs again either during the same day ora fter a day or two. Even a simple png...
  7. Everything I download gives me a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :: After the update to Windows 10, 2004 version, Windows Defender finds everything is a virus. Even some empty folders haha,Amd program and much more important programs.. so i must delete Windows Defender now, makes me loosing my time!...
  9. Window defender says my code is a virus.

Window defender says my code is a virus.: #include <stdio.h> int mainvoid { printf"Hello world \n"; return 0; } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-says-my-code-is-a-virus/52c9e2da-5b3f-40e5-9ec5-1464c2b7533e
  10. Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.

Windows Defender not downloading virus definitions.: Windows Defender is giving me the error code - 0x80240016.. Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/windows-defender-not-downloading-virus-definitions/d37f3158-cc91-4efe-b8d6-99ffa06ba509

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender thinks everything is a virus i download