Windows 10: windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time...

Discus and support windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; my system is behaving abnormal that means some time sit says no action needed your device is safe some times it says action needed. mean while some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by srikanthraj, Nov 2, 2019.

1. windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time...

my system is behaving abnormal that means some time sit says no action needed your device is safe some times it says action needed.

mean while some blur colour small size quare shape image will appear on display and it automatically goes sleep mood. any

solution for this problem. I think virus is there in my laptop. then what I need to do to remove virus from laptop. Suggest me a solutoin for this problem.

:)

srikanthraj, Nov 2, 2019
  2. janpio Win User

Toggle Windows Defender real time protection via Desktop shortcut

Unfortunately sometimes it is needed to disable (and later enable again) the (excellent) Windows defender real time protection.

I require 7 clicks to enable or disable Defender real time protection:
    Systray -> double on icon -> "Virus & threat protection" -> "Virus & threat protection settings" -> Toggle "Real-time protection" -> User Account Control "Yes".

Is there a simpler way to create a desktop shortcut that minimizes the number of clicks needed?

janpio, Nov 2, 2019
  3. shytot Win User
    Unable to to Disable Defender Real Time Protection

Hi
    I installed the April 2018 Win 10 Update today which has resulted in my CPU constantly working 15% higher due to the Antimalware Service Executable. I’ve tried to disable Defender as suggested by Microsoft but its instruction was to go to Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection / Virus & Threat Protection Settings. This should have given me access to switch Real Time Protection off, but the final ‘Settings’ option was not available – see screen shot.

windows defender says in virus and threat protection  action needed, my real time... [​IMG]

Any ideas please?
    Many Thanks

shytot, Nov 2, 2019
  4. windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time...

Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

windows defender says in virus and threat protection  action needed, my real time... wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time...

1. windows defender says in virus and threat protection action needed, my real time... - Similar Threads - defender says virus

2. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working: Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have...
  3. Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender's Real-time-virus protection not working: Windows Defender's Real-time virus protection is not working on my pc. It is showing "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information." Please help me out. I have...
  4. Windows Defender real time protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender real time protection: Hello everyone,I have a problem with windows defender, I can't enable real time protection, there is message says "You are using another Antivirus provider, but I don't have and I didn't have before I don't want to use third party Antivirus I have windows 11 , I have...
  5. Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Virus & threat protection settings real-time protection: hello, I can't seem to turn on the real-time protection in my windows defender as it says, you're using other antivirus providers. the button is grayed out from turning it on. I have Malwarebytes free installed and I want to ask if I could turn on Malwarebytes and defender at...
  6. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  7. Real time protection of windows defender

Real time protection of windows defender: Due to some reason I can't turn off my windows security real time protection. But i used to do that pretty easily sometime back. [ATTACH] I am currently logged in as administrator. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  9. windows defender real time protection

windows defender real time protection: every time I try to turn on my real time protection a message comes up saying, for your protection some settings are managed by your security administrator. who is the security administrator and how do I fix this?...
  10. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...