Windows 10: Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats...

Discus and support Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. So, as the title implies, I got that notification this very morning. The weird thing is, I use Kaspersky, not WD, so Kaspersky would catch it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fullmoon_night, May 27, 2020.

1. Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats...

Hello.

So, as the title implies, I got that notification this very morning. The weird thing is, I use Kaspersky, not WD, so Kaspersky would catch it if anything.

After entering my Windows Security tab in my settings and checking its History, nothing shows up. I've done multiple things and none of them show any indication of possible threats (besides, I only visit like 5 different secure sites, so I don't understand where this could be coming from).

I'm currently doing a full scan with Kaspersky (I did one on the 19th, nothing found), but should I be worried?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Fullmoon_night
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fullmoon_night, May 27, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067

Are you running the PC on an enterprise network and logging on to a domain? If not, the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service won't run and shouldn't be started. It's not intended for stand-alone PCs.

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

The service that should be running (on Automatic) is Windows Defender Antivirus Service. If you have Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission turned on the (Manual) Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service should also be running.

The previously suggested in-place repair install is quite painless and preserves all your installed apps, settings and files. It should fix things if you can't get them going yourself.

3. winxp Win User
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named
    "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection"

I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together.

If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?

Is the directory needed as it seems that "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" is a for more big boy setups for businesses.

Can anyone explain.
    Thank you

winxp, May 27, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats...

Virus threat protection

Hi Valentin

As an alternative approach, you can allow that utility through the Controlled Folder Access section of WIndows 10 security . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add Dell Data Vault to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent it from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats...

1. Windows Defender says it's protected me from 2 threats, yet no indication of said threats... - Similar Threads - Defender says protected

2. Win defender threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win defender threat protection: received this email yesterday believe it is a scam but want to be sure. We Are Renewing It For YouDear users,your Personal Subscription With Threat Protection Will Expire Today. The Subscription Will Be Auto Renewed, Order # HG65765456 Product DescriptionAccount Type:...
  3. Win defender threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win defender threat protection: received this email yesterday believe it is a scam but want to be sure. We Are Renewing It For YouDear users,your Personal Subscription With Threat Protection Will Expire Today. The Subscription Will Be Auto Renewed, Order # HG65765456 Product DescriptionAccount Type:...
  4. Win defender threat protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: I am wondering if this is a scam? I received an order confirmation email that looks pretty authentic stating that I ordered the Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall for $299.99, I did not order it. I called the number listed 877-545-5306 to cancel...
  6. Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus & Threat Protection: Windows Defender does not run scans or allow me to update settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-virus-threat-protection/cada3eda-6c30-472b-a292-40efa4fb820e
  7. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  8. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  9. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Protection: Ransom ware protection says "Setup One Drive" I enter my email and it says your one drive is already synced for that address. Yet Defender still says you need to set up Onedrive for ransomware protection. We have been issued with a ransomware threat from and unknown...
  10. Windows Defender AV & Threat Protection

Windows Defender AV & Threat Protection: windows security\virus & threat definitions\threat definitions\ Sample: 1) Threat Definition version: 1.285.1208.0 2) Version Created on: 2/9/2019 4:46 AM 2) Last Update: 2/9/2019 2:44 AM *Questions: 1) threat definition version: x.xxx.xxxx.x *2) Version created on:...