Windows 10: windows defender says problem app but no other info

Discus and support windows defender says problem app but no other info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am on Windows 10 (2004) and Windows defender has had a yellow triangle warning on it a few days. It says, "Reputation-based... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brandon11, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brandon11 Win User

windows defender says problem app but no other info

Hello, I am on Windows 10 (2004) and Windows defender has had a yellow triangle warning on it a few days. It says, "Reputation-based protection...Potentially unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly". When I click the Review button it says, "no recent actions". I don't want to click dismiss yet, or until I know everything is ok. I've scanned my laptop with McAfee and no problems found so I'm confused and decided to ask in here is anyone knew how to check out what Windows Defender is talking about? Thanks.

:)

Brandon11, Jun 29, 2020

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 29, 2020
  4. windows defender says problem app but no other info

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

windows defender says problem app but no other info

1. windows defender says problem app but no other info - Similar Threads - defender says problem

2. Account info and family & others are hanging

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account info and family & others are hanging: I had been using windows 10 from my desktop for over 2 years. I had setup my childs account and everything was fine until I guess last update. Now the account info all tabs are hanging - Email &accounts, Sign-in, and Sync. Family shows but shows my kid as other users....
  3. Computer says Defender is off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer says Defender is off?: Recently I received a message from my computer that said Windows Defender needed to be turned on. I checked, and it was already on. Why did my PC do this? (I have Windows 8)...
  4. Other Browsers and Windows Defender

Other Browsers and Windows Defender: Thinking of dumping Norton and going with the default Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop - my question: Does it protect using other browsers besides Edge (which isn't protected by Norton, so I don't use it anyway) Chrome covered? android phone? Blue Tooth?...
  5. Windows Defender Problem

Windows Defender Problem: My windows defender is scanning threats in my system, but when trying to remove the trojans, defender is showing an error message that it is not being able to remove the virus files.....solution anyone?...
  6. Windows Defender problem

Windows Defender problem: Windows defender virus & threats protection update fail. This windows defender was download together with Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803. The download success on the 1st retry. 113563
  7. windows defender or other antivirus?

windows defender or other antivirus?: i just installed windows 10. i know there is the default windows defender, but i'm thinking of downloading another antivirus. which one should i download (preferably free)? or should i stick to the built-in one? 67092
  8. Windows Defender Problem

Windows Defender Problem: I keep getting notifications from Windows Defender Security Center - Virus and Threat Protection asking me to review files that Windows Defender will send to Microsoft. Here's what I see when I click on Review. How do I stop this, it's coming up every few seconds now....
  9. Need info on how to repair problems (chkdsk info)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need info on how to repair problems (chkdsk info): Hello, i ran a chkdsk and as you can see this is what it says , i don't know how to proceed with this. Thank you for your help 15709
  10. Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No

in Windows 10 News
    Everyone Wants Windows 10 Update Info, Microsoft Says No: Back in July, when Microsoft officially rolled out the new Windows 10 operating system, the company also embraced a new strategy that changes the way update information is provided to users who are running this version on their computers. Starting with Windows 10, the...