Windows 10: windows defender says problem app but no other info

Discus and support windows defender says problem app but no other info in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am on Windows 10 (2004) and Windows defender has had a yellow triangle warning on it a few days. It says, "Reputation-based... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brandon11, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Brandon11 Win User

windows defender says problem app but no other info

Hello, I am on Windows 10 (2004) and Windows defender has had a yellow triangle warning on it a few days. It says, "Reputation-based protection...Potentially unwanted app found. Your device may perform poorly". When I click the Review button it says, "no recent actions". I don't want to click dismiss yet, or until I know everything is ok. I've scanned my laptop with McAfee and no problems found so I'm confused and decided to ask in here is anyone knew how to check out what Windows Defender is talking about? Thanks.

:)

Brandon11, Jun 29, 2020

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 29, 2020
  4. windows defender says problem app but no other info

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

windows defender says problem app but no other info

1. windows defender says problem app but no other info - Similar Threads - defender says problem

2. Windows defender "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender "getting protection info": Every time Windows is started, Windows Defender displays "Getting protection info", and I do not have any other anti-virus on the device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-getting-protection-info/b86d2275-05e1-4af5-8430-2bed059f1c30
  3. Windows defender "getting protection info"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender "getting protection info": Every time Windows is started, Windows Defender displays "Getting protection info", and I do not have any other anti-virus on the device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-getting-protection-info/b86d2275-05e1-4af5-8430-2bed059f1c30
  4. Windows defender says, You're using other antivirus provider.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender says, You're using other antivirus provider.: Hello, Sorry to disturb, I'm using Windows 11. I want to ask why my Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated, it says, You are using other Antivirus providers. I've never installed any other antivirus. How to fix this? Please help!!...
  5. Windows Defender and other Microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender and other Microsoft apps not working: When I attempt to open windows security or the Microsoft store I'm prompted unable to. Instead of opening I "get you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-defender link". I've attempted to trouble shoot it and find a solution but I have yet to find one.IVE TRIED1.DIsm and...
  6. Windows Defender and other Microsoft apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender and other Microsoft apps not working: When I attempt to open windows security or the Microsoft store I'm prompted unable to. Instead of opening I "get you'll need a new app to open this ms-windows-defender link". I've attempted to trouble shoot it and find a solution but I have yet to find one.IVE TRIED1.DIsm and...
  7. Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?

Can other apps see Windows Defender Exclusions folders?: Hi recently I added some exclusions to windows defender there were some games folder but can other apps see that I exclude those folder to get scan please answerif that make any sense I don't really know how to explain this...
  8. Windows Security aka Windows Defender App Problem

Windows Security aka Windows Defender App Problem: Recently I wanted to add some files in the Windows Security app exclusion list, I was able to add the files but it is not showing below the "+ Add an Exclusion"! Can anyone help me to find out the solution of this problem?? I am using Windows 10 v 20H2 Build 19042.685...
  9. Other Browsers and Windows Defender

Other Browsers and Windows Defender: Thinking of dumping Norton and going with the default Windows Defender on my Windows 10 laptop - my question: Does it protect using other browsers besides Edge (which isn't protected by Norton, so I don't use it anyway) Chrome covered? android phone? Blue Tooth?...
  10. windows defender or other antivirus?

windows defender or other antivirus?: i just installed windows 10. i know there is the default windows defender, but i'm thinking of downloading another antivirus. which one should i download (preferably free)? or should i stick to the built-in one? 67092