Windows 10: Windows Defender Scam

Discus and support Windows Defender Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam? [Original Title: window defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bettyeharris, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

:)

bettyeharris, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Windows Defender Scam

Smeed, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Scam

1. Windows Defender Scam - Similar Threads - Defender Scam

2. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  3. another Defender phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    another Defender phishing scam: just received this one - full headers of email msg included---------- Original Message ----------Return-Path: <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Received: from mx03.dca.untd.com mx03.dca.untd.com [10.171.44.33]by maildeliver10.vgs.untd.com with SMTP id...
  4. are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?

are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?: What are latest scams Defender lock up virus warnings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-pop-up-defender-virus-warnings-a-scam-or/ea70be59-602e-41f2-a0bf-2c70205b240f
  5. are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    are these pop up defender virus warnings a scam or not ?: What are latest scams Defender lock up virus warnings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-these-pop-up-defender-virus-warnings-a-scam-or/ea70be59-602e-41f2-a0bf-2c70205b240f
  6. windows defender email invoice scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender email invoice scam: My wife receive the scam invoice with a fake charge for ordering windows defender. There are a couple of odd things things about it. First, I have a PC with windows 11. The email came within a day after I was checking on some things in windows security on my PC. Coincidence?...
  7. windows defender email invoice scam

windows defender email invoice scam: My wife receive the scam invoice with a fake charge for ordering windows defender. There are a couple of odd things things about it. First, I have a PC with windows 11. The email came within a day after I was checking on some things in windows security on my PC. Coincidence?...
  8. Windows Defender Security Scam. How do I get out of the warning screens to run my preferred...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Scam. How do I get out of the warning screens to run my preferred...: Windows Defender Security Scam. How to get out of layers of pop ups to run my preferred security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scam-how-do-i-get-out-of/7a350e62-393a-45b7-8049-4b2bf8e22450
  9. Windows Defender Security Scam. How do I get out of the warning screens to run my preferred...

Windows Defender Security Scam. How do I get out of the warning screens to run my preferred...: Windows Defender Security Scam. How to get out of layers of pop ups to run my preferred security scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scam-how-do-i-get-out-of/7a350e62-393a-45b7-8049-4b2bf8e22450
  10. Windows Defender Security Scam. How do I get out of the warning screens to run my preferred...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading ...