Windows 10: Windows Defender Scam

Discus and support Windows Defender Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam? [Original Title: window defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bettyeharris, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Scam

I received an email stating I am being charged $199.00 for windows defender can this be true or is it a scam?

[Original Title: window defender]

:)

bettyeharris, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

Windows Defender Scam

Smeed, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Scam

1. Windows Defender Scam - Similar Threads - Defender Scam

2. Scam re Defender AutoRenewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scam re Defender AutoRenewall: I just received this suspicious email. I am sure it is a scam and I will not call their number. Would like to see these scammers put in prison. From:Leonardo Ricardo<*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:13 AM To:...
  3. Defender Scam

Defender Scam: My 92 yr old mother received a call saying her account was charged $200 for Defender anti-virus and if she didn't want it to call to get a refund. So I called and they said they were calling from AnyDesk and I would have to download a form and fill it out online while they...
  4. Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...

Is this a scam? I am being charged using my Husband's name: Windows Defender Advanced...: This does not look right. Someone is using my Husband's name and he does not own a computer. I am the only one with a Microsoft 365 Personal account. What is this email? Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Separator Invoice Number : WIN48974984-xxxxxx...
  5. Windows Defender scam is on again in 2021.

Windows Defender scam is on again in 2021.: Ju8st letting people know. Just got hit buy it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam-is-on-again-in-2021/f396ff5c-1a9f-46a8-af11-e5654f8f1ad5
  6. Another Windows Defender scam

Another Windows Defender scam: Received an e-mail today from "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" claiming: Microsoft Account Order Confirmation Invoice Number : WIN48974984-75246 Customer Id : 112621115 Email : xxxxxxxxxx Phone : +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX Invoice Date: Feb 04, 2021 Item...
  7. windows defender scam. Auto renewal.

windows defender scam. Auto renewal.: How do I stop this or remove anything on my laptop to prevent this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scam-auto-renewal/820760a5-071f-465e-b8f1-ee8ec63b6522
  8. Windows Defenders renewal scam

Windows Defenders renewal scam: I received an E-mail yesterday from someone claiming to me from Microsoft telling me I was going to be charged my bank account $299.99 for an annual , automatic renewal fee for myMicrosoft Windows Defender program , to protect my computer. When I called the number...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall scam

Windows Defender Firewall scam: on my business email i recieved an email saying that my account was going to be charhed $399.00 for the subscription....they were trying to bully me into downloading anydesk to give them remote access to give me a password to uninstall the program with to cancel the...
  10. Windows Defender SCAM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Defender SCAM: I just received the following email. I suggest someone MS, the Community, Etc. make MS users aware of this scam. Order Date Dec 22 2020 Order Id: 254-8632541-875424 Dear Customer, Thank you for using our Services for the past year. YourWindows Defender support plan will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading ...